Ibis Bristol Centre
US$ 119
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 115
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 78
PremierInn.com
1,587 results
All reviewsbudget hotelmillennium squaremillenium car parkbars and restaurantsss great britainexcellent locationcentral locationharbour sidewhat it says on the tinwould stay againbristol centreone night staybuffet breakfastcolston hallshort staydouble roomcomfy bed
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Whoever designed the public areas of this newish hotel has seemingly spent the rest of his career designing works canteens and public lavatories -- lots of hard edged formica in dreary dark colours. The bedroom was better looking with a comfortable bed (which nonetheless creaked loudly whenever you turned over). There was no chair to sit and read or watch television, a previously unknown inconvenience in a hotel, however lowly! The late night snack I ordered on my return from the theatre (a superb Cherry Orchard at the Tobacco Factory), was very poor. The only redeeming factor was the young (Spanish?) receptionist on duty the evening I was there. He was friendly, ever helpful and was genuinely interested in what I'd seen in the theatre. We had a good conversation.
I've stayed in Ibis hotels in France, which are excellent value. This one wasn't at £69.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. We appreciate all feedback. I am sorry that our public areas were not up to your liking, we have noted your comments.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

There were issues with the hotel having so many stag and hen parties staying on the Friday and Saturday night. It wasn't that there was just a few groups, there were lots and lots of groups staying in the hotel. Consequently we had two nights of interupted sleep with people making noise and knocking on doors trying to get in to different rooms and running around being loud in the corridors. On the Saturday night there was someone knocking on our door. Although we hadn't been drinking, we woke up feeling as if we had hangovers due to the lack of quality sleep. In the moring there were bags and bags of takeaways left outside rooms making the whole area smell. Although breakfast was fine in itself, it wasn't nice sitting as a couple in the seating area amongst all of the stag/hen groups being loud/offensive and hearing their stories of the last night and being able to smell last night from them. Friday and Saturday was like staying in a bad hostel, it was a really bad experiance. I've staed in hostels and had a much nicer experiance. Our experiance on Sunday and Monday night was much better after the stag/hen parties had gone home and we had two days of having a nice stay which is what we would have expected for the whole of our stay. What made it more dissapointing was that this was the last leg of our honeymoon and we wanted to have a nice city break.

I've read some comments about the beds. They are literally made out of a sheet of plywood supported by plywood and the mattress is thin. Having said this I don't think I would normally have found a problem with the comfort but given that we were struggling to get a good nights sleep anyway, i think it would have helped if the beds were more comfortable.

The location is very good for accessing anywhere in the centre of bristol but this is also part of the problem as it's so convenient for people to crawl back to the hotel from the clubs.

The price was very competative as it was booked in advance but again, this is why so many stag/hen parties were staying there. With hindsight I should have paid a bit more and found somewhere which didn't expose us to the stag/hen parties.

Also, I found the parking very expensive at £13 a night (after applying IBIS discount) so i found a space elsewhere.

Room Tip: Be very wary about booking a Friday or Saturday night if your going as a couple or as a family. If your on a stag or hen weekend then it seems this is the place to be staying on Friday/Saturday nights.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry that you were dissapointed with your stay. We do encourage our guests to be respectful and considerate of each other, though you will appreciate that it is not always possible to control the behaviour of others. As much as possible the team on duty at the hotel will take action to quieten any disturbance that does occur. I apologise if on this occasion, the measures taken seemed not to be effective.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed two nights. Strange triangular shaped room! Quiet location despite being in the heart of things. Large, powerful shower, generally excellent fittings. TV a bit small and the instructions on how to use it could be better. Their wifi and broadband internet is very expensive but external 3G signal very poor in rooms. Good value buffet breakfast and no-one asked who I was.

Room Tip: Rooms 47 on each floor are triangular. The high numbers are away from lifts and stairs, so no passing traffic to disturb you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cubsur

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I am glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to the UK.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Mikhail M, Manager at Ibis Bristol Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed in the ibis city centre hotel a couple of weeks ago. The room exceeded expectations for the price paid. Quite, clean, modern and good service, all the things you might not necessarily get for less than £50/night. I would recommend this hotel for a city break.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank neilbonnar

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.