All reviewswashing machineapartmenttowelstvnoiseplugheating
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Despite being central and close to bars etc. the apartment was very quiet.
Apartment was clean, comfortable and well equipped.
Welcome pack was much appreciated as was the customer service provided by Izzy.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank E3705KValanb
SACO_Team, General Manager at SACO Bristol - West India House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

E3705KValanb,

Thank you very much for your honest review of SACO West India House it is great to read that you found the apartments central and very quiet. It is fantastic to know that we can pass on to our staff your appreciations for their customer service and that you felt your apartment was clean, comfortable and well equipped.

We look forward to wlecoming you back to SACO West India House in future

Reviewed 27 June 2017

A perfect location for all the excursions and discovers of the area. Excessive outside noise from bottles
thrown into the trash can not let you sleep (on both sides of the hotel).
Modern electrical appliances with reliable operation but also a very small lift.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SACO_Team, General Manager at SACO Bristol - West India House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

ioannisn419,

Thank you for your honest review of SACO West India House. We are really pleased that you thought it was an excellent location for all excursions and discoveries of the area. Both our Bristol Apartment locations are very central within the city, noise associated with this can be detrimental to some guests comfort. However this is to be expected with a city centre location. We have installed secondary glazing to many of our front facing apartments to improve the sound proofing of the period Sash windows to the property. As SACO West India House is a listed building modern double glazing units cannot be installed.
We hope that we can welcome you back to a SACO property in your future stays.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Besides the heat (exceptional weather) and no airconditioning the space was nice and spatious. The living room could be used more efficiently though by adding another sitting area besides the couch. The shower is really large, and a bath would be better use of the space.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

P4716WAdaved,

Thank you for your review of SACO West India House. We are glad that you thought that the space was nice and spacious for you. We will certainly look at your suggestions for improving the seating area in the living room, with the Bathroom suggestion it is also something that we thank you for your feedback. We value all feedback from our guests.

We hope that we can welcome you back to SACO West India House in future.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Very clean place, great location in downtown Bristol. Had a nice view from our room. Quiet building. If you are looking for a place that cleans your room everyday, then not for you as we stayed for 7 days and they cleaned it once. But we were aware of that and we happy with that. Close to pubs restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SACO_Team, General Manager at SACO Bristol - West India House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thank you deansQ7563OM for your review of SACO West India House. It is great to see that you thought our apartments were clean, was a in a great location and that you enjoyed a nice view from your One Bedroom Superior apartment. Its also nice to know that you enjoyed a peaceful stay with us. We have invested in secondary glazing in most apartments to provide additional soundproofing to the original Sash windows present in the period building.
We hope that you will again visit SACO West India House or our other property SACO Broad Quay for your future stays in Bristol.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

*4253*
Apartment 6

Review

When I booked it said my room would have a view of the water I was very disappointed that this wasn't true. I was quite excited about that aspect of the room.

The shower is very powerful and good but I was having a lovely lovely hot shower and I didn't touch the controls once I'd got it nice but it suddenly went icy cold before I had a chance to wash the conditioner off my hair - I got out because I couldn't bear it and looked through the welcome folder to see if there was anything I could do, the only thing I could see to try was to override the heating but that didn't work and was forced to go back and finish my freezing shower (particularly unpleasant just before bed) the sudden temperature change happened at just before midnight (I know because of the clock on the heater when I tried that.

Lovely welcome things in the kitchen, so thoughtful to have a pint of milk and some bottled water in the fridge, lovely toiletries in the bathroom and everything you need including washing up liquid, a sponge and washing powder for the washing machine.

The TV came on in the middle of the night (about 3am I think), all I'd done with the TV the day before was to turn it off when I arrived, when it came on in the night I had to turn it off at the plug.

I cannot see how to find how to work the heated towel rail, it hasn't got warm at all whilst I've been here, I looked in the folder for information but couldn't find any, I made sure both the switches in the bathroom cupboard were on, I can't find and controls on the unit, I'd really like to dry my towels- I might put them in the tumble dryer instead.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo