“Go for the buffet”

Plantation Caribbean Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 151 Nightlife in Bristol
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Partner and I went for dinner on a Wednesday. We had the buffet. Although they only have a few things going, it was tasty. Chana daal was delicious. You could eat as much as you wanted! Would recommend for something different :)

Date of experience: July 2015

Reviewed 30 June 2015

We fancied some Caribbean food and came here after a day out in Bristol. The food was good, homeley and tasty. Especially the Ackee and Mushroons and jerk chicken.

the mistake we made was ordering a jug of Jamacian Punch which, whilst absolutely delicious, was a meal in itself so we couldn't eat as much food as we wished.

There was a band playing on the saturday night and we wanted to stay and watch but were so full after our punch we had to go lie down.

Great staff, great food, chilled environment.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed 6 March 2015

If Carlsberg made Carribean Buffets, this would be it. A small selection that is refreshed regularly, greens, house potatoes, jerk chicken, goat curry and rice n beans. It was great, the soda water and lime was a pricy £2 but the buffet at £8.99 was exceptional value. Last time I was here I had the fantastic goat curry, so I was pleased to get a taste of the fabulous jerked chicken.

You now have 2 new converts to Goat Curry and Carribean food.

Date of experience: March 2015
3  Thank Old_Fotofart
Reviewed 21 December 2014 via mobile

I went with my work colleagues for an office night out. The restaurant was very busy, all big parties but not that many staff. The food was self serve and very tasty. However, there always seemed to be one or two dishes depleted and not promptly refilled whenever you went up to get food. The quality of the food was good though.

The decor is very basic and the toilets were grim. However, on a positive note, as we were out as an office party, it was nice to have everything all under one roof, food, live music and a DJ.

There were few wait staff on for the large number of patrons in the restaurant and they were clearly rushed off their feet. The waitress who attended our table was hideously rude, making it very clear she had no patience to deal with anything and making sharp remarks. She was that ferocious, when my dessert failed to arrive, I decided it was easier just to forget about it rather than face her wrath. Basil Fawlty would have been offended by her I think.

Overall, it was an interesting night, food tasted good and we had a good time.

2  Thank Spudlington