Plantation Caribbean Bar & Restaurant
Open today: 6:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Review Highlights
Best Caribbean in Bristol

Love this restaurant. Tried most things on the menu and I have loved all of them. The calaloo balls... read more

Reviewed 26 May 2016
myfi w
Cardiff, United Kingdom
via mobile
Go for the buffet

Partner and I went for dinner on a Wednesday. We had the buffet. Although they only have a few... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2015
Samantha P
Bristol, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Bristol
from US$ 30.70
from US$ 87.60
from US$ 71.90
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 March 2015

If Carlsberg made Carribean Buffets, this would be it. A small selection that is refreshed regularly, greens, house potatoes, jerk chicken, goat curry and rice n beans. It was great, the soda water and lime was a pricy £2 but the buffet at £8.99 was exceptional value. Last time I was here I had the fantastic goat curry, so I was pleased to get a taste of the fabulous jerked chicken.

You now have 2 new converts to Goat Curry and Carribean food.

3  Thank Old_Fotofart
Reviewed 21 December 2014 via mobile

I went with my work colleagues for an office night out. The restaurant was very busy, all big parties but not that many staff. The food was self serve and very tasty. However, there always seemed to be one or two dishes depleted and not promptly refilled whenever you went up to get food. The quality of the food was good though.

The decor is very basic and the toilets were grim. However, on a positive note, as we were out as an office party, it was nice to have everything all under one roof, food, live music and a DJ.

There were few wait staff on for the large number of patrons in the restaurant and they were clearly rushed off their feet. The waitress who attended our table was hideously rude, making it very clear she had no patience to deal with anything and making sharp remarks. She was that ferocious, when my dessert failed to arrive, I decided it was easier just to forget about it rather than face her wrath. Basil Fawlty would have been offended by her I think.

Overall, it was an interesting night, food tasted good and we had a good time.

2  Thank Spudlington
Reviewed 5 December 2014

Went here for a drink with friends.Very busy and a great atmosphere. The live band were superb with a great young female vocalist. Staff are friendly once you get to the bar! My view would be that it would be best to eat earlier as later the Plantation does become more of a Nightclub. The DJ also plays good music to keep people on their feet.

Reviewed 10 November 2014 via mobile

The staff at this restaurant are fantastic, the food was lovely and very reasonable. Our anniversary meal was made very special by everyone and I highly recommend the whole experience. If you visit bristol, plantation is a must :)

Reviewed 18 September 2014

Worst Caribbean restaurant I have ever been to. In the middle of our food really loud music began playing and people poured it we could here ourselves think and even had a drink spilt on me. They should close the food part if the intend on turning it in to a club. Asked the waitress for a jug of tap water on two separate occasions and she did not bring any. Food was very bad, tough and flavourless. Big disappointment, especially for the price paid.

1  Thank syed51