Plantation Caribbean Bar & Restaurant
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Best Caribbean in Bristol

Love this restaurant. Tried most things on the menu and I have loved all of them. The calaloo balls... read more

Reviewed 26 May 2016
myfi w
Cardiff, United Kingdom
via mobile
Go for the buffet

Partner and I went for dinner on a Wednesday. We had the buffet. Although they only have a few... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2015
Samantha P
Bristol, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Bristol
from US$ 89.70
from US$ 129.80
from US$ 66.90
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 December 2014

Went here for a drink with friends.Very busy and a great atmosphere. The live band were superb with a great young female vocalist. Staff are friendly once you get to the bar! My view would be that it would be best to eat earlier as later the Plantation does become more of a Nightclub. The DJ also plays good music to keep people on their feet.

Reviewed 10 November 2014 via mobile

The staff at this restaurant are fantastic, the food was lovely and very reasonable. Our anniversary meal was made very special by everyone and I highly recommend the whole experience. If you visit bristol, plantation is a must :)

Reviewed 18 September 2014

Worst Caribbean restaurant I have ever been to. In the middle of our food really loud music began playing and people poured it we could here ourselves think and even had a drink spilt on me. They should close the food part if the intend on turning it in to a club. Asked the waitress for a jug of tap water on two separate occasions and she did not bring any. Food was very bad, tough and flavourless. Big disappointment, especially for the price paid.

1  Thank syed51
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My Brother in law goes here a lot. Always checking in on his FB status. So on my Wife's Birthday this year. I booked a table and invited my Brother & sister in law to join us.
The band was a Raggae band and listening too them warm up, gave you the Caribbean vibe as you walked in.
Drinks - Red Stripe of course, although I did have a Gem before the end of the evening. Cocktails for you more adventures, although £7.95 - a bit steep!
Meal? This is where I got a little confused. My fault. It was a Saturday night, so buffet was laid out. You could get £12.95 meal or All you can eat £17.95. I had the all you can eat in mind, but my party placed the order for "one plate." This I did not understand, but played along. We went up for food and I was trying a little of each dish, so that I could taste and go back for what I liked. My party, on the other hand, were piling the food onto one plate.
We went back and demolished the lovely food (Goat curry and jerk chicken were yummy)
"Right, I am going back for more of that goat curry" I said.
"But you only have one plate"
"Yes, thats okay, I will use the same one. No need to dirty a new plate" I replied and up I went.
I came back and all 3 of them were looking at me tucking in. "WHAT?" I said.
They explained that they only ordered "one plate" which meant "one plate" LOL
Never mind - we explained to the waitress. No harm done - and I carried on eating.

Really enjoyed the Reggae band. Great!!!!

I would certainly go back. As the Atmosphere . was cool and chilled out.

P.s. The Waitress must have forgot about my One plate issue and only charged me for one plate, despite having two. Shhhhhhhhh