“Wedding anniversary”

Plantation Caribbean Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 151 Nightlife in Bristol
Reviewed 10 November 2014 via mobile

The staff at this restaurant are fantastic, the food was lovely and very reasonable. Our anniversary meal was made very special by everyone and I highly recommend the whole experience. If you visit bristol, plantation is a must :)

Reviewed 18 September 2014

Worst Caribbean restaurant I have ever been to. In the middle of our food really loud music began playing and people poured it we could here ourselves think and even had a drink spilt on me. They should close the food part if the intend on turning it in to a club. Asked the waitress for a jug of tap water on two separate occasions and she did not bring any. Food was very bad, tough and flavourless. Big disappointment, especially for the price paid.

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank syed51
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My Brother in law goes here a lot. Always checking in on his FB status. So on my Wife's Birthday this year. I booked a table and invited my Brother & sister in law to join us.
The band was a Raggae band and listening too them warm up, gave you the Caribbean vibe as you walked in.
Drinks - Red Stripe of course, although I did have a Gem before the end of the evening. Cocktails for you more adventures, although £7.95 - a bit steep!
Meal? This is where I got a little confused. My fault. It was a Saturday night, so buffet was laid out. You could get £12.95 meal or All you can eat £17.95. I had the all you can eat in mind, but my party placed the order for "one plate." This I did not understand, but played along. We went up for food and I was trying a little of each dish, so that I could taste and go back for what I liked. My party, on the other hand, were piling the food onto one plate.
We went back and demolished the lovely food (Goat curry and jerk chicken were yummy)
"Right, I am going back for more of that goat curry" I said.
"But you only have one plate"
"Yes, thats okay, I will use the same one. No need to dirty a new plate" I replied and up I went.
I came back and all 3 of them were looking at me tucking in. "WHAT?" I said.
They explained that they only ordered "one plate" which meant "one plate" LOL
Never mind - we explained to the waitress. No harm done - and I carried on eating.

Really enjoyed the Reggae band. Great!!!!

I would certainly go back. As the Atmosphere . was cool and chilled out.

P.s. The Waitress must have forgot about my One plate issue and only charged me for one plate, despite having two. Shhhhhhhhh

Date of experience: August 2014