Plantation Caribbean Bar & Restaurant
Open today: 6:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Review Highlights
Best Caribbean in Bristol

Love this restaurant. Tried most things on the menu and I have loved all of them. The calaloo balls... read more

Reviewed 26 May 2016
myfi w
Cardiff, United Kingdom
via mobile
Go for the buffet

Partner and I went for dinner on a Wednesday. We had the buffet. Although they only have a few... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2015
Samantha P
Bristol, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Bristol
from US$ 89.60
from US$ 129.70
from US$ 73.60
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2014

Worst Caribbean restaurant I have ever been to. In the middle of our food really loud music began playing and people poured it we could here ourselves think and even had a drink spilt on me. They should close the food part if the intend on turning it in to a club. Asked the waitress for a jug of tap water on two separate occasions and she did not bring any. Food was very bad, tough and flavourless. Big disappointment, especially for the price paid.

1  Thank syed51
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My Brother in law goes here a lot. Always checking in on his FB status. So on my Wife's Birthday this year. I booked a table and invited my Brother & sister in law to join us.
The band was a Raggae band and listening too them warm up, gave you the Caribbean vibe as you walked in.
Drinks - Red Stripe of course, although I did have a Gem before the end of the evening. Cocktails for you more adventures, although £7.95 - a bit steep!
Meal? This is where I got a little confused. My fault. It was a Saturday night, so buffet was laid out. You could get £12.95 meal or All you can eat £17.95. I had the all you can eat in mind, but my party placed the order for "one plate." This I did not understand, but played along. We went up for food and I was trying a little of each dish, so that I could taste and go back for what I liked. My party, on the other hand, were piling the food onto one plate.
We went back and demolished the lovely food (Goat curry and jerk chicken were yummy)
"Right, I am going back for more of that goat curry" I said.
"But you only have one plate"
"Yes, thats okay, I will use the same one. No need to dirty a new plate" I replied and up I went.
I came back and all 3 of them were looking at me tucking in. "WHAT?" I said.
They explained that they only ordered "one plate" which meant "one plate" LOL
Never mind - we explained to the waitress. No harm done - and I carried on eating.

Really enjoyed the Reggae band. Great!!!!

I would certainly go back. As the Atmosphere . was cool and chilled out.

P.s. The Waitress must have forgot about my One plate issue and only charged me for one plate, despite having two. Shhhhhhhhh