“Paul and lisa”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Ranked #308 of 1,850 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving up gourmet burgers in the UK since 2001. Offering a variety of delicious burgers, homemade sauces and seriously good milkshakes.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ordered at 6,reminded them at 6:30 that i was still waiting after see at least 3 couples served their food that had ordered after us..to be confronted with confused staff all talking in front of me as if i wasnt there. To be told my food was probably being done after the chef said he new nothing about it. Turned out my order was never sent to the kitchen,asked for my money back and they gave me my food order back but didnt refund the two soft drinks we ordered. Wrote and complained and was offered a free burger..absolute joke.. never go there again.service was shocking from the staff and the organisatìon.

1  Thank Global373595

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

When we arrived, every table was full of dirty plates and we had to wait for tables to be cleared before we could sit down.

When ordering, they unfortunately had run out of buffalo meat for the buffalo burger, but offered to replace it with aged beef. This was fine with us and we were asked how we wanted it cooked. We asked for medium rare, but it came out fairly well done, which was then disappointing. Although the taste was good. The lamb burger was very tasty, although not very warm. However, we loved the baconnaise with our sweet potato fries.

It took quite a while for our food to arrive, even though it was only 3.30pm, so not exactly rush hour. Some sort of apology would have been appreciated.

Even though the food was fairly tasty, the small disappointments, mess and slow service would probably encourage us to choose to eat elsewhere at Cabot next time. Plus £36 for two burgers, fries and soft drinks is a little steep I feel.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Popped here for a burger before a film yesterday with work, around about 12 people altogether. Ordered The Mighty Tom burger which was probably one of the best burgers I have eaten to be fair. Also a wide selection of different sauces.

Downsides were that when you placed an order for any item you had to pay straight away instead of setting up a tab and paying at the end. It was a bit inconvenient as everything was going on one card (companies) They would have made a lot more money if a tab could have been set up.

I also ordered a starter which they said they never got and never asked if I wanted it again. Everyone received there starters and conveniently enough the only person to order the same starter as me was told that theirs wasn't on the order.

Overall brilliant food and if there is just a few of you then it would be no problem but not the best place for big groups.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

My husband and I like to pop in here when we are at Cribbs. We convince ourselves that we're being really good by choosing chicken burgers - my favourite is the satay version. Very reasonable ice cream desserts. Our experience of the food and service has been consistently good. Highly recommended - we'll be back tomorrow after hubby's eye test!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Nice place to have a decent burger. Service was great and the food was nice. Value for money as we've only paid 10 pounds for a burger with fries and unlimited refills.