“Afternoon Tea with Friends”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #17 of 33 Dessert in Bristol
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I purchased groupon vouchers for afternoon tea for myself, and friends & chose to go to Cabot Circus as my experience in the PV in Cribbs Causeway shopping mall the previous Friday was very poor. The whole experience in Cabot Circus when we arrived yesterday about 2.30 was the polar opposite. As soon as we sat down the waiter explained everything included in the A/Tea package and asked if there were any special dietary requirements (none of which was communicated to us at PV Cribbs Causeway). We were given individual pots of tea & milk (one small pot & tea bag between 2 of us at Cribbs Causeway), and a further table was added to our booth to accommodate the A/Tea tiers & plates. How thoughtful was that! Both the waiter & and waitress on duty at that time were attentive, polite and helpful. I shall definitely visit this PV again.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

First class service and quality coffee and cake. Great location in Cabot Circus shopping area with comfortable seating, polite and efficient staff and a quiet atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We popped into Patisserie Valerie in Cabot Circus, Bristol with friends, one Sunday morning in August. We had coffee, tea, 3 cakes & poached eggs on toast. All served really well. They waited for the poached eggs to be served before serving the cakes.
Our last experience in Exeter was not as good as this visit, so maybe will use the chain again

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Have used the afternoon tea vouchers 4 times now. Wont go again.

Seen a special afternoon tea voucher on facebook, (it was for my nans birthay and she past a way a month before) you get vouchers sent to your house and if you don't have the vouchers you cant use the deal. Unfortunately there was a mix up with my post and the postman didn't leave a note so I was unable to collect my vouchers from the post office, after crying for hours trying to ring cabot circus PV giving some excuse of we will ring you another day, didn't bother to ring me, eventually about 5 days later said no you need the vouchers. Managed to get the vouchers. Turned up the afternoon tea (which we all know if frozen) took over a hour and a half to come out. Complained, 'Yes, it will be about 10 minutes' we were told 3 times. we had 2 children with us, they weren't very impressed.

Wont be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Love the selection of cakes, and ice creams here. However even though they were not busy the service was extremely slow, waiting for just over 15 minutes for 2 teas and two ice creams!!