“Not as special as I hoped”
Review of Workhouse Cafe

Workhouse Cafe
Ranked #446 of 1,850 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: British, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I had walked past this place often and it looked very nice from the outside so I was keen to try. I only came in for a drink, but the menu seemed to have a few options for food too.

I went for the Matcha Latte, it was very pleasant, quite smooth. Not the best ever but not bad at all. The drinks are quite expensive so it is better to pick one you want t linger over than drink and go.

The decor was quite fun and the music played seemed to cater for an artistic tastes and I think that could appeal to some. Although there were only four other customers during my visit, the sheer number of chairs made it difficult to move and so it felt crowded. I would suggest not trying to visit during the busier hours. There are however extra seats outside, if you go out the door near the bar (onto St Michaels Hill), around the building and up the back lane a little then take the steps on the right. At the top on your right you should see some tables across the way overlooking the road.

I think this cafe didn't appeal to my personal preferences rather than anything outright wrong with it so give it a try for yourself.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Ordered a coffee - a large one, and it was £3.60. For a coffee. The guy said "I don't make the rules" when I asked why so expensive.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Not enough vegan options. Was expecting more from their website, toast and soup wasn’t really cutting the mustard for me. Nice turmeric latte tho.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Really lovely cafe right near the university. Love the decor and general ambience, food is fairly well priced and absolutely delicious - try the soup of the day. Also offers 3 types of non dairy milks which is always a sign of a good cafe.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I go there 5 days a week and im always there for a long time!
Cakes a plenty with loads of variety.
Fairly priced brunch which is also delicious.