All reviews small hotel clifton village comfortable hotel suspension bridge city centre
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I booked this room last minute, before reading the TripAdvisor reviews! If I had of read them before booking, then I would have avoided this place! However, we were only booked for one night so I thought we'd go with it. I'm writing a a review as actually, it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating having read previous comments. The staff were lovely and friendly. We were warmly welcomed after a disastrous journey in which our car broke down and had to be towed home! Therefore, I can't comment on the parking side of things! Location is great. Perfect for hustle and bustle of park street, but far enough away from it to disturb you. Previous comments mentioned noise issues, we took ear plugs and it wasn't an problem. I was pleasantly surprised. Room was fine for a night, clean and comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Polite and friendly staff on reception. Room was small but comfortable and clean with everything I needed and reasonably priced. Not overly noisy. I didn’t stay for breakfast so can’t comment on the food. Would stay there again

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a hen do, for a group of 13 of us, the booking was originally made through booking.com where it stated that no payment would be taken until arrival, which suited us as people were paying individually.

4 days before our visit I was informed via email (from the hotel) that our visit had been cancelled - no reason as to why, I obviously rang the hotel very distressed only to be met with the most foul woman I have ever had the displeasure to come across, considering she works in the hospitality trade I am utterly perplexed as to how she is still employed, no less as a manager.

She informed me, in no uncertain terms that the booking was cancelled because the payment card had been declined, I was given no indication that a payment was going to be processed especially as the website had suggested otherwise.

I then attempted to reason with this highly difficult individual and rebook our rooms under the original terms, she demanded that I make payment within 20 minutes and then threatened to release our rooms to other customers, she also told me that if the payment was not successful there would be ‘no further discussion’. I made payment m and the rooms were given back to us, much to her displeasure.

Upon arrival she was even more unhelpful and frankly, insulting and rude to our entire party. We attempted to check in at 4pm (rooms are ready at 2pm) we each paid the (extortionate) £100 deposit and cost of our rooms yet the manager would not let us in to the rooms until all members of our party were present, the final two members were attempting to find somewhere to park in the area - manager again no help, she said ‘there is plenty of parking’ - there absolutely was not, it was a busy bank holiday weekend and her own car was taking up two spaces outside the hotel.

We had to wait for 35 minutes to be shown to our rooms, despite being under time pressure and having a make up artist/hair dresser waiting to attend to the bride, the bride was also booked into a superior guest suite and was instead given a dingy attic room where there wasn’t even a shower.

Overall I would NEVER stay here again, and am actively seeking compensation for our terrible stay and the utterly dismal customer service, considering this is an independently owned hotel and word of mouth is everything if I was the owner I would be having a SERIOUS think about who I choose to be my hotel ambassador....

Utter hell, avoid at all costs.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Ellie W
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Upon checking into the hotel we found out that the parking was extremely limited and were told to park on the street until 9am. Great to find that on returning to the car we had a £100 parking fine for parking in a permit bay only. Room was great but so disappointed to book a room with parking to find none. Not a great birthday present I must admit.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shaunah1991
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We needed a hotel room in Bristol at very late notice. This hotel was the most reasonably priced hotel available in a very good central location. The staff were very friendly, there was a good supply of tea and biscuits in the room. We had a very comfortable restful nights sleep and were able to park directly outside. The decor is a little dated and we had to carry our bags up a narrow flight of stairs, but all in all we couldn't really fault them. You get what you pay for and it is good for a room of its price.

Date of stay: April 2018