“What a great nights sleep”

The Regency Bristol Hotel
Ranked #37 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The best night sleep in a hotel for a looooong time.

The hotel is very quaint the decor is to a high standard and I was sooo happy as I finally got a nights sleep.

Rested and relaxed I had time to talk to the staff on the morning who were very helpful in terms of advising what was good to see and do in Bristol.

Would I stay again - of course !!
Would I recommend it - without hesitation!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at the Regency Hotel in March 2012 with my girlfriend. We booked it as it was only a few miles from Bristol Airport and we were travelling to Portugal early the next day. On arrival the staff were helpful and friendly and we were in our room within a few minutes. The room was furnished to a high standard and everything looked clean and new. The Hotel has in in-house restaurant so we ate our evening meal there. Really nice food and the staff were friendly and helpful. After our meal we went downstairs to the bar. Again, nice staff and good selection of drinks. The bar has a beer garden with outdoor heating so we sat outside with a bottle of wine, which was nice :) We had a good night’s sleep in our room and the bathroom was also nice and clean. We had breakfast in the restaurant in the morning and checkout took less than a minute. All in all our stay was better than expected and it is close to the airport and city centre, so I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hd1980
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed here recently for one night as with a group of 3 other women. 3 of us had booked single rooms. On arrival the owner arranged for us to park on the forecourt of the hotel and was very welcoming. She checked us in and showed us to our rooms and where the bar and restaurant were. On initial inspection the rooms were very nice, very clean and newly rufurbished with lovely soft carpet. We were on the lower ground floor - same level as the bar. In the room was a single wardrobe, a table and chair, a small table with a kettle, mug and one tea bag and 2 plastic pots of uht milk, sugar etc. The bed was very comfortable - I assume it was new. All was going well until I opened the back door to the room which led to a very compact rear yard -the width of the room with a wooden shiplap fence. In the yard was a load of cable, an old door, a paint can and a load of plastic wrapping. Ok I wasn't going to sit out there - well I wouldn't have been able to if I'd wanted to due to no chair! Not a big deal but it might have been nice for this to have been removed before having guests in the room. The other issues I had with the room were 1) the shower tray leaked 2) the cold tap dripped permanently 3) the extractor fan didn't appear to have been cleaned in a long time - see photo 4) there was no shower gel supplied 5) the radiator in the bedroom did not have an adjustable thermostat and remained switched off.
None of these are major issues, but having seen my friends single room which was right next door, she didn't have any of these problems. A 4 star hotel should at least have ample toiletries and more than 1 teabag in the room! We did ask for more teabags when we came back to the hotel on Friday night and were given 1 (no, not 1 each) with the promise of more later -which I believe my friend received.
I have written a seperate review of the Restaurant, as that is independantly owned, so breakfast was not included in the price of the room - a rather odd set up!
I have to say the owners were really lovely, couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome and gave us loads of information about Bristol. Just a little sort out of housekeeping maybe and I would have scored a higher review. I would go back again however if I needed to stay near to central Bristol.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Had a fantastic weekend stay here at end of February joining our son, who studies in Bristol for his 21st birthday.

Hotel recently opened everything first rate. Very clean, staff welcoming. We only ate breakfast in the restaurant and that was also good.

Only issue is parking. We have quite a large car and finding space in the road was tricky. Saturday evening a member of staff gave up his own road space and juggled cars around so we could park. Thereafter we left the car and walked, which is easy as Bristol is quite compact.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 20 February 2012

A small hotel close to Whiteladies Road.Recently refurbished to a high standard. Very clean and beds really comfortable. En suite facilities good. The staff were really friendly and seemed genuinely interested in ensuring we had a good stay. Good location as close to Clifton, Whiteladies Road and the University and so excellent location if visiting kids at uni! Car parking sparse although at weekends side streets were ok. We'll definitely use this hotel again when staying in Bristol.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple