“The best time..”

Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Blue toile double bedroom with ensuite wet room ground floor
ensuite wet room ground floor
Master ensuite with Jacuzzi bathroom
One of many halls in the mansion and plenty to see
Enclosed and high gated  gardens perfect for the klids and family to enjoy.
Chesterfield lounge
stained glass stair landing, you will just love being in eloquent surrounding s of the mansion
The Gothic Mansion Bristols best kept secret!
Double boudoir
The Gothic Mansion nestled in an acre of grounds and on site car park
Grand reception hall
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Liz N
“The best time..”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

Stayed at the gothic mansion for the weekend for my birthday with a group of 40 friends and had an amazing weekend. The truth is the house probably wasn't ideal for the type of party that I had. The neighbours are very sensitive about noise, with nobody allowed outside to smoke after around 10.30pm however there is a smoking room so please don't let that out you off. If your planning on having any loud music in the house or making any significant noise outside at any point it's probably not the house for you. Having said that Andrew the owner is amazing and really helpful he acted as the go-between for the neighbours and me which meant there was no one knocking at the door complaining.

The house is huge - literally massive! With loads of onsite parking. It is a little shabby in places but by the looks of it they are in the process of doing some work. It will be lovely when finished. Location wise it is ideal with a Tesco express just down the road if you are planning on eating and drinking while you're there. It's super close to Bristol centre so perfect if you're planning on going out into town of an evening.

I would say the house is great for you if you're a large family/group of mature friends who are looking for a large house to spend some time together and explore the city, it is not party house where you can easily play music till 7am due to the neighbours so look elsewhere if that's your plan.

Thanks for having us.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
LeJeJ
London, United Kingdom
“'The Big House', all to yourself!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed at The Gothic Mansion for a birthday, and it was an utter delight! From the start, everything was clean and ready-to-use, from the more than adequate kitchen utensils to the games and random selection of DVDs in the sitting room. It's like having an entire hotel to yourself, or being in an episode of Inspector Morse (every time I walked down those grand stairs I imagined I was the snooty rich lady who's hiding something ;) )
The bedrooms all differ greatly, which makes it fun to choose your own, and the owner has spent some time restoring the house from its previous use as an orphanage - she's already done a lot, with beautiful original furniture sourced from all over Bristol and the UK in most of the rooms and some gorgeous new bathrooms (including a hot tub!). Even though we didn't need all of the rooms, every bed was made up with spotless linens. (My boyfriend and I had the four-poster and it had proper sheets and blanket and coverlet, not just a duvet chucked on top - such attention to detail! I don't really know how she does it all herself.)
We had a fab time and cooked massive breakfasts and dinners in the huge kitchen, ate at the the huge dining tables, played foosball in the second lounge, sat out in the garden and played on the swing, and went on a ghost hunt! (No ghosts - we played pool and darts in the cellar instead). We really tried to make the most of it, which was easy as we weren't using it as a base to see the city, just to relax.
This isn't some bland hotel with tons of money thrown at it to be perfect by a conglomerate: this is a sympathetic, ongoing renovation by a private owner, with tons of charm and thought put in, and is absolutely great for parties! I'd recommend it for large parties that fancy somewhere homely with a bit of luxury thrown in.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Mark H
“Wow”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Incredible ! We had the run of this amazing mansion and were able to bid farewell to a dear friend leaving these shores for adventures abroad, in some style.
The place is extraordinary and unique.
Also as we sat in the beautiful garden balloons started floating over , talk about serendipity! Highly Recommended.

thomas j
“The plcae to stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked The Gothic Mansion for a family gathering back in may (19 of us). when we arrived we were greeted with lovely size bedrooms, kitchen with full facilities and a Jacuzzi. (made my day)
I must say we were very at home here and sad to leave as it was like home from home only a lot bigger and cosier. the owners were very helpful in letting us know of places to eat out e.t.c as we are not from Bristol but their knowledge was great and instead of wondering should we go here or not, we were able to go there knowing it had been tried and tested.
And I must say , getting the king size bed was a bonus, lovely deep sleep is something I don't get very often but defiantly did get whilst I was staying here. overall I was very impressed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: jacuzzu
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
anne z
Radstock, United Kingdom
“great experience”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked the mansion with other familes coming for a reunion weekend.
we meet up every year in a different location and had scoured the internet for a large property, which was child and dog friendly.
The house was huge and offered alot of facitilites, especially for the young ones in our group.
we very much enjoyed the new bathrooms, especially the jacuzzi,.
i dont think i have ever seen a bathroom that nice even in the 5 star hotels!
we found the owners to be very weelcoming and extremely accommodating
we would return to this property again and can recommend it to anyone !!!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing