Review Highlights
Great cycle ride on the M48

I have lived in North Bristol for many years, and have never cycled over to Chepstow on the M48... read more

Reviewed 9 July 2017
Ann L
Bristol, United Kingdom
A Great Walk over the old bridge with some stunning views

Having found out there was a cycle way come pedestrian walkway across the old Severn Bridge we... read more

Reviewed 1 May 2017
Wansbrough2012
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Bristol
from US$ 89.10
from US$ 129.00
from US$ 73.10
More Info
All reviews old bridge both sides tide cyclists tunnel chepstow engineering
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Driving home we opted to drive over the new Severn Bridge (M4), as i'd never driven East-bound over the new one.
No tolls going east to England - only West-bound to Wales.
The view North to the old original bridge was specular in the early morning light.
Also, the view from the centre is equally good.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

We were going to Newport for a passport, this was the very first time I used this bridge.
I went on the website before going to see how much it was. It stated that disabled people didn't have to pay, although when I got there there wasn't any signs about being disabled, just signs to put your card in!
So be aware disabled people you do have to pay because there's no one around to ask and after all it's only £6.60! However this should be removed from their website!
We were going to Newport to get a passport!
It was breath taking and next time I go over I won't be driving so I can see more of the scenery.

1  Thank Rhiacrewe t
Reviewed 29 December 2015

Loved the green area outside Bristol, all the trees, rock walls, the river and then the bridge over the Severn River.. After being there and seeing it with my own eyes I understood why Bristol was declared the greenest city in UK this year.

Reviewed 12 September 2015

driving from england to wales the bridge was imposing against the blue sky. driving onto it and looking left i could see the tide rushing in, looking right i saw the old bridge still there after about 50 years. I recall seeing the last piece put into place.
Still one hell of a sight tho.
spectacular engineering all around.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

When driving back to Wales from a day trip to Bath, we stopped and walked on the Old Severn Bridge, and got some great pictures at dusk. The views were wonderful, especially looking to the new Bridge and towards Wales. The suspension bridge is interesting to look at up close, and while the new bridge is an engineering marvel (we drove over it on the way to England), there is something very magical about the old bridge.

1  Thank ToTravelIsBrilliant