“A Very Good Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Watford
“A Very Good Premier Inn”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

While this Premier Inn may not be the most attractive building to the eye from the outside, inside it impresses. The rooms were clear and reasonably sized, although as expected, basic, but I found the beds to be comfy enough and had two good nights sleep.

The breakfast was great (we paid a little extra for the all you can eat full breakfast) and the bar area was very welcoming. I believe the bar/restaurant is actually a Beefeater, but it's internally connected to the Premier Inn none the less.

The hotel is centrally located; we traveled by car but there was a bus stop right outside the hotel and the center was easily within walking distance.

Check-in and check-out was quick and the staff came across as friendly.

The only negative that really sticks in my mind is the lifts. I was staying on one of the top floors and it felt I spent an hour of my weekend waiting for, or in, a lift. This is of course an exaggeration, but with one out of three lifts out of service it was definitely more noticeable here than any other hotel.

This is on the higher end of the Premier Inn hotels I've stayed at, and while this is the only hotel in Bristol I've stopped in, I would recommend to others and use it again if I were to return

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower floor (there are 17 of them) unless you enjoy lifts.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alankeyyyy
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Hi Alankey,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your say.

I am sorry that you had a delay waiting for the lifts. We are at the moment having all our lifts replaced with new. So we will have one lift out of action everyday until the end of the year.

Thank you again for your comments.
Dawn
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Polish first
Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2012

From the out side its unimpressive concrete building but inside I found the rooms large light and comfy.
The check-in is quick with helpful and friendly staff. I'm considering using this again as had a lovely stay here - but there are no frills staying here and I must admit the bed was slightly too hard for me.
One lift is still out of action but was still able to get one most of the time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you very much Jessica for your feedback about your stay.

I am glad everythng went well with your stay and hope to see you again.

Dawn and Team.
Liverpool
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Usual Premier Inn standards, good location. Lifts need to be repaired ASAP. Computerised check in was complex and needed a staff member to go through with each customer so not very efficient as may as well have just done it normally. 30min free WIFI is not enough and not informed that could have 24hrs for £3 so did not use.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Hi Eileen,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry about the lifts but we are at the moment having all new ons fitted. This will take up to the end of the year. We have notices up all around the reception area to advise guest what is happening and appologising for the inconvienance.
By the end of 2012 we will have new lifts with CCTV in each for our guest safety.

Dawn
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Our overnight stay was very comfortable and convenient to centre of town. Breakfast very good. Being able to park the car for £8.00 was a bonus, and as we were visiting our grandaughter at university this proved to be very good as we were able to visit her and pick her up, and still park our car on our return. Would recommend, and will stay again when she graduates in July.

Room Tip: stayed in room 102 1st floor not to many stairs, but lifts were available.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DianeV493
Hi Diane,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We hope you had a lovely time with your grandaughter and she is not to stressed out with her exams.

We hope to see you for your granddaughters graduation and remember to take tissues with you on the day. I did for my daughters as it is a very emotional and proud day for everyone.

Thank you again.
Dawn and the team.
Reviewed 24 April 2012

There was a mix up with our rooms and the staff were so unhelpful that nothing was resolved and we ended up without a room and sleeping in our car in the freezing cold without anywhere to go to the toilet. We paid £120 for 2 rooms that we didnt get. They then went on to tell us when we wanted to book 2 more rooms for another £160 that they had none left, even though our friends booked out rooms only a few hours earlier. It is a 2000 bedroom hotel and it is highly ridiculous that every room was booked on a random Friday night in bristol, I think I saw about 10 people walk in and out the doors. Absolutely ridiculous, will not be staying at any premier inn ever again. Was a traumatic experience for me sleeping in a car on a busy street in Bristol with nowhere to go to the toilet when you are desperate at 4.30 in the morning, I had to pee in a cup in the car.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank MaddySharp
Hi Maddy,

I am sorry to have read the details about your visit to Bristol.

I am unable to find your booking details on our system, as I would have liked to find your number and call you concerning the issues you have mentioned.

We do allocate rooms to all our bookings more so on Fridays and Saturday nights as we are fulll most weekends. This is due to the volume of people visiting Bristol for a night out.

Once again I am sorry about your visit and would if possible like to speak to you about them.

Dawn.