“Authentic, tasty and good value”

Ganesha Authentic Indian Cuisine
Ranked #48 of 1,714 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$ 28 - US$ 42
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Priding itself on being 100% true to its Indian roots, Bedminster���s Ganesha Authentic Indian Cuisine is a family run restaurant providing high quality food and efficiently friendly service. Set in the Bedminster suburb of Bristol, Ganesha offers a menu completely different to other Indian restaurants in the region, offering guests true Indian food from home recipes. With a selection of dishes from all parts of India, the Ganesha menu takes you on a unique culinary journey, on which you���ll sample exciting food you may never have heard of and certainly won���t have tried here in Bristol, from handmade breads to appropriately spiced curried fish dishes. Combining efficiency and friendliness, Ganesha���s service is second to none while the simple d��cor of the dining room is focused on comfort and space, the furnishings contemporary and sleek with nods to the restaurant���s roots in Indian artworks including a statue of the revered elephant god himself situated behind the bar.
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Unremarkable location opposite Asda bedminster hides this lovely, friendly restaurant. Good, authentic food. The dosas are delicious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

Just come back from Ganesha after yet another great meal. We especially enjoyed the Bhagara Prawn, very tasty.

Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

My partner and I show this restaurant on tastecard and thought me would give it a go and we were getting 2-4-1 offer! After arriving the place doesn't look much from outside but the food was absolutely amazing! I asked the waiter what he would reccomend, he was very informative and the food he recommend was stunning! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone! This is a must!

Reviewed 1 May 2012

i Love this restaurant, its my favorite place to stop when craving something spicy in the chilly weather. The staff are amazing and efficient!

1  Thank LouiseComCarver1967
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Ate here with my wife and some friends on a Thursday night. When we arrived I was slightly nervous as the place doesn't sing quality from the decor and was a little untidy. My fears were unfounded tho because the food really does live up to the reputation. We had dosa, Bhangra prawns and tandoori chicken to start. The prawns were the stand-out dish for me, absolutely fantastic. The dosa were really very good too. The tandoori chicken was also good but didn't stand out vs the other dishes. Can't remember what the names of the mains were but we had two of the lamb, one prawn and one chicken dish. Again all were fantastic but again the prawns were outstanding, they were in a spinach sauce which was delicious. We didn't have desserts because we were too full. The service was great, really attentive and the waiter explained some of the less familiar dishes on the menu. The food also came out in good time which I know is something other reviewers have found lacking. Obviously they've got that sorted. Overall it was a fantastic meal, really good and I'll definitely be going back. Since we moved to Bristol from Leeds 8 years ago we've really struggled to get a good authentic curry, so pleased we've found this place, it hits the spot.

4  Thank BennyRS