“Prickly bath” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre

Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
“Prickly bath”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Very nice and spacious hotel room. Strangest bath, plug hole right where your posterior lies, caused it to open the plug and empty, plus some kind of non stick on the base so prickly couldn't stay in it. Very strange when there was a separate rain shower? Bath didn't need a non slip surface as no shower in it. Very ordinary breakfast, cold and congealed supposedly hot buffet.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Evelyn H
BRSCC-FOM1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Evelyn H,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.

I am sorry to read that you had a below par breakfast experience, I would like to assure you that this is not indicative of our usually high breakfast standards. I have passed your review onto our kitchen and restaurant teams to ensure this is not repeated.

Our maintenance and housekeeping departments perform regular checks of the guest rooms and bathrooms, I will instruct them to check the non-slip bath surface.

Thank you for your positive comments concerning your room.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best wishes

Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cornwall
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here only because last minute.comsaid it was a 4star secret location for £65. When I got the email through on our way there it was a holiday inn I was slightly dissapointed. It was ok no different to a travelodge, no character, staff were ok but we were quite obviously not there on business and did not seem to take much interest. I think the normal room rate of £149 is insane!
Good points, the breakfast was good and as we got it with the room I thought this was great value, car park free and the lady did it for the day we were in Bristol which I thought was something they didn't have to do. The beds were comfy, not my taste decor.
When we got to our room we also found it was a disabled room! Not what I had booked wether its the operator or HI fault I kinda don't care, so when we asked for a room with a bath if possible we were just quickly told it would cost and it sent their fault. Well it certainly wasnt mine. I wasnt up for a fight but thought the customer care was poor and uninterested in us. Anyway back to our disabled room that had all the mod cons that others have said, and 2 showers one that spurted everywhere and one that didn't but did soak the bathroom completely! I think for a disabled customer this would have been awful! But hey not their fault.
I think my point is, it was ok, not worth silly bucks, and don't expect it to be anything other than a businessmans play park.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear lesley290,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

Guest feedback is very important as it allows us to consistently monitor the service we offer and make improvements where required.

When booking via a third party travel agent or the secret hotels package the room type is never guaranteed and is allocated on arrival from availability. It is unfortunate that on this occasion the only standard rooms remaining were our double accessible rooms. I am very sorry that this room did not meet you expectations.

It is always best to book direct with the hotel to ensure you have a guaranteed room type.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Bristol. Please contact me direct via email before making your next booking and I will be delighted to personally oversee your reservation to ensure you are allocated a guaranteed room type in advance.

Kind regards

Tel: 0117 9245000
fom@hibristolcity.co.uk
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at the Holiday Inn in Bristol. The hotel was close to the shops and restaurants. Our room was spotless and tastefully decorated. The staff were friendly and helpful as well. I would recommend the hotel.

One note: If you are travelling by train the hotel is a good 15/20mins walk from Temple Meads station. If you have bags I would get a taxi.

Dear emily t,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

I am very pleased that you had a lovely stay.

As you correctly state, we are a 15 minute walk from Temple Meads; alternatively the number 8 and 9 buses run from the station to the hotel on Bond Street every 6 minutes.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Bristol.

Kind regards

West Sussex, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've stayed at this HI for both business and leisure and have had consistently pleasant experiences. The hotels looks and feels brand new, located directly opposite the Broadmead area with direct access to the M32 motorway. There is a secure NCP car park below with direct access to the hotel, and to access the various floors of the hotel you need your room key card, which gives added peace of mind.

I stay in the executive rooms on the sixth floor, which are well worth it because you get an exceptionally large and spacious room (the largest executive HI rooms I have stayed in), with a king size bed to relax in and a 40" LED TV. You get nice touches which aren't present in other HI rooms, such as an iPod docking station, jacuzzi bath, DVD player, HDMI and USB connectors built into the desk and even little things such as a selection of glasses above the minibar so you don't have to drink out of the glasses in the bathroom!

I also find this HI to be exceptionally reasonable compared to other ones I have stayed in. The room service menu has a good selection and almost all of the items are under £10. The burger is exceptional and of a great value because you get a massive portion for only £9.50! Normally this would cost around £15 at other HIs. The internet is also much cheaper - £3.50 for 4 hours internet isn't bad. You can purchase a 7 day voucher that costs what would only get you 48 hours access at other HI hotels.

The only criticisms I have are firstly that there is a lack of literature in the rooms relating to the hotel's services. I understand it is HI policy not to print a brochure for the rooms (saving the environment) but the TVs don't have the interactive service that other HI hotels have - you have to sit through 10 minutes worth of reading the hotel's directory on channel 999 before you get to the piece of information you want. There are no movies to rent as well, or any other information services (although you get the full selection of freeview channels which is nice). Also, the executive bathroom has a stylish frosted glass enclosure which is nice, but it leaves no room for a towel rack, which is hence missing from the bathroom. Instead, there are two hooks on the same wall as the loo-roll holder, which means your towel and bathrobe hang over the toilet - not exactly hygienic or convenient.

However, I will always look forward to a stay at this HI, as I believe it is the best one I have stayed in in the UK.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BRSCC-FOM1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear namth90,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post a Tripadvisor review following your recent stays at our hotel.

Myself and the team are absolutely delighted to read that you have enjoyed staying with us at Bristol City Centre. Guest feedback is always highly valued and I am very pleased that you find the hotel to be the smartest UK Holiday Inn.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future,

Best wishes

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Very comfortable hotel which is easy to access by car. NCP car park atached to the hotel with parking @ £10 per day. Booked through Hotwire and at £57 for two people very good value.
A ten minute walk to restaurants / quayside , city centre shops acoss the road. Hotel located
on roundabout but no noise in hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor, facing away from traffic.