Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Cabot Circus
Ranked #1,240 of 1,850 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After waiting to be seated we were approached by what was unfortunately the restaurant manager. Said manager then grunted and showed us to our table, at this point two menus were thrown down and he plodded off (Not one word was exchanged) We were then greeted by a lovely young man who was clearly nervous and new. He took our order and was happy to help, checking on us many times and being extremely helpful. The manager brought out our food not with a smile or friendly face but with the look of annoyance and frustration, he then just placed down the places and walked off yet again. (The food was average at best) I Asked our waiter for the bill and he efficiently got this, he then apologised for not being able to bring our food out as he had been made busy elsewhere. When coming to collect the money for the bill our young waiter was subjected to snide comments from the ogre of a manager. The waiter then proceeded to count the cash I had presented him with but during this time was shouted at by his bully of a boss to “get this man some Ketchup” bearing in mind he was serving us and clearly busy. The young man was clearly upset by the way he had and was being treated. It was NOT nice for us to see unhappy staff made to feel belittled by a clearly lazy and useless boss. At this point after observing the bully whist we had eaten treat other customers and staff in such a rude way enough was enough. I followed him around the restaurant as he was clearly not wanting to talk and said it was about time he learnt some manners and started treating people with respect. I was then yet again just grunted at as he walked off. I expect the poor young man who has not long started there has had enough and will be leaving soon, he has a bright future and deserves to be treated better along with the other staff and customers. Unfortunately I did not get the names of the two completely different staff we came into contact with but I do hope this reaches them both!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After being shown to the table it took 20 minuets to be asked what we wanted, the restaurant was very quiet at 1130. The food was delivered and was warm at best. No mention on if we wanted any condiments and the unlimited option for the breakfast was not explained. There was 5 staff members hanging around the bar area and possibly a manager that looked like he just crawled out of bed, judging by the state he was dressed in. Other couples had to wait just as long as us.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Thought we'd give this place a try before a cinema visit in Cabot Circus, will definitely never be going back.
The two stars are for the service, all the staff were pleasant and polite. But the food was just horrible! I don't think its even down to lack of knowledge or laziness from the chefs (as its a chain they will be dictated to how they prepare and present the food for uniformity across sites), it was just really poor cheap freezer type food. I had a sad grey burger that was served with no lettuce, onion, tomato or sauce and unseasoned frozen chips. It had that horrible tinned meat taste. My partner had a pizza that was actually ok, but just bordering ok and at £17 for the pizza alone I would have expected much much more. It was no where near as nice as a takeaway pizza.
This place used to be ok a few years ago now they scrimp so badly on the food quality its one to stay away from. Literally any other food place in cabot circus is better than this.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

It was pretty average. The waiting staff, although very polite, never checked up on us once during our meal. For all they knew I could have hated my Nashville hot burger *which was hot (but was to be expected). Took 5 attempts to get their attention to get a glass of water for how spicy the meal was. Clean and friendly place but I have to say it felt a little lazy. I feel for our server who was covering the store and was still getting to grips with things but felt a bit let to our own devices.

Food however was delicious!

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Place was quiet when we arrived and we were promptly greeted and shown to a booth by a friendly waiter.

We had plenty of time to choose drinks and food before we were asked by the waiter.

The waiter listened and accommodated all of our requests, which pleased my children greatly.

The restaurant was clean (although the toilets were shabby, but expected in a high through put establishment) and spacious.

The food was well presented and well cooked, making it very tasty and worth waiting for.

Only one child had dessert and highly recommends the brownie.

Not that expensive either, which is always a bonus and if you have the app on your phone there is always a deal to have.

Travellers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Cabot Circus also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Cabot Circus? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK