Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
  • Breakfast included
US$ 145
US$ 117
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
US$ 105
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
US$ 72
US$ 112
US$ 101
US$ 90
US$ 86
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 112/night.

YHA Bristol(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$ 65
US$ 40
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 102
US$ 83
Priceline
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 94/night.

US$ 130
US$ 121
Agoda.com
US$ 78
PremierInn.com
2,153 results
All reviewsa business class roomvalet servicefloor to ceiling windowsbroad quaycolston hallcomplimentary watercity centrehigher floorstandard roomgood sizemodern hotelbars and restaurantsgreat central locationnespresso machinewould stay againchecking outharbour side
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed on a very busy Saturday night - the hotel was full (and they said it had been for the previous 5 nights). Spotless room on 16th floor - we were upgraded on arrival. We parked underneath the hotel - tight but nice to know it was secure and we were able to leave to the car there until 3pm on the day we left. The lifts are a real nuisance (but everyone else has said enough about that!). We were a bit worried as we went up in the lift with two couples carrying 6 bottles of bubbly and one of them was in the room next to ours but apart from hearing their door closing every now and then we didn't hear a peep (well soundproofed generally). Nice toiletries (good to have something other than the ubiquitous Molten Brown). Only niggling thing was the poor response from housekeeping to two requests - I asked for a separate top sheet when we checked in and had to ask again a couple of hours later. We also had to ask for Nespresso capsules for the coffee machine in the room (why weren't there any already with the machine)? They didn't arrive, so phoned again, and eventually someone came - but with sachets of instant coffee so off they went again! (We'd also asked for some Earl Grey tea but this never arrived). Great location - and yes, as said by other reviewers, it's very busy at night in town - but so is every other town! Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MollieDobbs
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you very much for the review and I must say very dissapointed by the response you recieved from the housekeeping department. I will definately find out what went wrong there.
Very happy to hear you would like to stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you.
please contact me directly should you need anything further for your stay.
best regards
General Manger

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Spent one night here to see a gig at the Colston Hall, which is just across the road.The hotel is conveniently placed for the shopping near the cathedral and there is a good choice of restaurants in the vicinity.

Our room on the 14th floor had stunning double aspect views across Bristol and would have been perfect had it not been so hot! Our visit coincided with a March heatwave and the sun streaming through the large windows had heated the room to oven temperature. Whether the aircon was working or not was hard to tell as it was so gentle it had little effect. In fairness to the hotel they offered to move us to another room, however, once the sun had set it had cooled down sufficiently when we returned later at night that we were able to stay put. I would say however that if you have rooms that are hermetically sealed with large windows it is essential that the air conditioning is effective! We appreciated the free wifi and soft drinks.

Staff at reception were excellent and dealt with our complaint efficiently and courteously and we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel if you are visiting Bristol.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very Much for your review and because of your comment we have implemented a system of ensuring the sun facing rooms are temperature controlled more intently than the non sun facing, so thank you very much for that.
we look forward to welocming you back and please feel free to contact me directly should you require anything for your next stay

Best regards

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Hi,
I stayed 3 nights.
1) The first room I was had the TV system not working, and the air conditioning off: It was quite warm, and never cooled the room even overnight. I told reception, the staff came to check, confirmed, apologized and immediately offered me another room.

2) The 2nd room was very good.
Clean, looking new, all working.
Shower was also working fine, large, clean.
The "shower gels, shampoo", etc... are nice smelly exotic vetiver.
The view is quite nice from the window of the 14th Floor: You can see the city very well.
Staff was good, professional and able to handle the numerous guests during the weekend.
They also corrected the "issues" mentioned before with no problems.

They put in the mini fridge complementary stuffs (free): 2 bottle of water, 2 cans of coke, 1 pack of oat biscuits, already waiting for the guest, on arrival. It's nice but they don't refill during your stay, meaning even if you stay 4 nights, you only get it once.

The Location is quite central, near a tourist information center, near many many restaurants, river, aquarium, Theaters, cinemas, cathedral, etc...

On the negative side:
-The lift is a total disaster, only 2 lifts for the whole building. It's slow, doors are opening-closing extremely slowly. Also 1 was making very weird noises and announced welcomed to the 6th floor when I reached the 14th floor... Realitively Scary! I discussed with another guest in the lift, he said he got "blocked" inside the day before. But I did not mind to took the 14th stairs down.

-The in room TV... Ok who's going to an hotel to watch TV? But when you are on business trip, you sometimes relax an hour by watching it. So the problem relies in the actual "samsung" monitors they chose: the viewing angle is only clear when directly facing the screen, front view. But if you watch the screen from "below", then the colors are changed, one can not clearly see the darker areas. So when you watch from the bed, you can not see properly the colors because the TV is located in the front wall, but nearly 1m higher....
So if they would have taken attention to details, they would have selected a better quality screen/monitor with a better vertical viewing angle... But again I was not bothered by that, it's just showing the lack of details they took in the room interior design.

That's it, I was quite happy with that stay.

Room Tip: Chose a room on high floor like 14th, nice view There are windows in the stairs, so instead of waiting ages for the lift, one can go down and sometimes peek to see the view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your deatiled review.
unfortunately the lifts are not great but we are working on a solution that will improve the situation.
On your other points I will review the system and set up of the rooms to see if we can somehow rectify the issues you faced.
I hope we will see you back here in the future and will be very happy to welcome you again
please contact me directly should you need anything.

best regards

Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is the 3rd year that we have stayed at this hotel and each year the experience has improved
We had breakfast each morning and also a meal in the Italian restaurant on the Saturday night the service and the food was excellent
The room was very clean and the free drinks in the mini bar is a nice touch
All the staff were polite and helpfully and appeared to enjoy their work
Looking forward already to our stay next February

Stayed: February 2012
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thank you Ian for your review and it is great to hear that we are getting better. We are striving to improve all areas and look forward to constructive Criticism.
if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable please dont hesitate to contact me directly
Thanks again

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I very muched liked the new-ness & location of this hotel. I read other reviews & took their advice to request I high-level room with waterview. I got this & it was great, as was the size of the bed & room. Both large, calm & airy. I also appreciated the free drinks in the fridge. Would've liked a bathrobe...
The hotel parking worked a treat for me, it's pricey but I was happy to pay for convenience sake. I'm sure on street parking locally could be found cheaply with some research.
the staff where helpful & friendly but not in your face, breakfast buffet selection ample & varied, liked the atmosphere in the dining room too. if you didn't want to pay hotel prices there is ample choice for dining nearby & 3 supermarkets.
Would stay again when visiting Bristol, which I hope to do soon.

Room Tip: High level, water view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Lovely review and thank you very much for the comments.
we look forward to welcoming you back her in the near future, please contact me directly if i can be of any further assistance

General Manger