““Unexpected stop over””
Review of Giraffe - Bristol

Giraffe - Bristol
Reserve with OpenTable
Giraffe - Bristol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 1,850 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 24
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We wanted to create a friendly, welcoming place where a smile goes a long way! It's about exploring the wonderful foods from around the globe and opening our ears to music from around the world. Giraffes are so tall they see a different view of the world. We LOVE fresh ideas. Giraffe is operated by the original founders Juliette and Russel Joffe and Andrew Jacobs who all have an active role in the day to day management of the business. Giraffe was acquired in March 2013 by Tesco as part of its strategy to utilise some of the space in their larger stores, creating retail destinations that offer customers, in particular families, a compelling experience outside of their weekly shopping trip.
Reviewed 11 September 2018

My girlfriend and me went to this place for dinner. The food was good, the service was excellent and been well looked after. The atmosphere is nice, the place in general is neat and tidy. Will definitely go back soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped in mid week for dinner. Good section of vegetarian dishes. Nice selection of coffees, bar and smoothies, would recommend the melon smoothie. I ordered the Malaysian Laksa, which waited in the kitchen while my partners burger was finished (you can see the waiters collection shelf by the kitchen). My Laksa was definitely just warm and not hot, which was a shame as it was very nice. Side of broccoli was almost cold. The other half really enjoyed his burger though and we enjoyed the atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and efficient other than the food being prepared at different times.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere was nice, staff were friendly. A couple of issues with the food:
I ordered the ribs, which were slightly more expensive than the other options. Because of this I was expecting a full rack. I was disappointed to find out it was only 5 individual ribs. (They were really nice though).
My girlfriend ordered chicken katsu but there was no sauce. This left 3 strips of nice flavoured chicken, but a mound of boring rice..

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

So so disappointing. 2/3 non alcoholic cocktails not available. Sold out of draught beer. No sweet potato fries. Some of wines not available. Very poor ,processed tasting, tough old chicken. Paid bill and went elsewhere for dessert. Is this branch about to close down? It's floor is filthy. Even tap water was look warm. There was nothing to recommend this place.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We visited Giraffe as a group in what was the summer holidays. Service was initially quick, but slowed slightly as the restaurant busied. The waitress was knowledgeable and ensured we were able to take advantage of the offers on food and drink - an when we had a query with the bill it was resolved quickly and in our favour. Most importantly, the food was excellent for all in our party - you know exactly what you can expect at Giraffe and I haven’t been let down yet.