“Absolutely horrendous!”

Ranked #310 of 1,811 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 23
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We wanted to create a friendly, welcoming place where a smile goes a long way! It's about exploring the wonderful foods from around the globe and opening our ears to music from around the world. Giraffes are so tall they see a different view of the world. We LOVE fresh ideas. Giraffe is operated by the original founders Juliette and Russel Joffe and Andrew Jacobs who all have an active role in the day to day management of the business. Giraffe was acquired in March 2013 by Tesco as part of its strategy to utilise some of the space in their larger stores, creating retail destinations that offer customers, in particular families, a compelling experience outside of their weekly shopping trip.
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Went with a group of friends and the service was awful first off. A friend caught the waiting staff around a corner eating and not serving when there were people around,and the food was where it got really bad.
One friend commented on how bland her food was to the point she barely ate it, and another suddenly caught something in his mouth. Upon looking, we discovered a stone had made it's way into the food. A rather large stone in fact!
And instead of the manager being sorry about it, he almost accused the friend of planting it there himself!
We were offered free drinks but they then told us we owned them money for them (was later sorted when the manager looked annoyed at this point) and we left annoyed and disgusted.
Seriously not impressed...

2  Thank ilove2shopdoyou

Reviewed 5 April 2018

On arrival restaurant was very busy. Within a minute the staff had foun£ us a great table and cleaned it for us. I had the chicken rodeo burger with sweet potato fries, burger was lovely and fresh and not greasy it was delicious. The fries were also delicious.
My partner had one of their breakfasts , the soda bread was lovely and fresh and the sausages and bacon were cooked to perfection not to mention the poach eggs.
Lovely atmosphere, food great , staff very helpful , highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We popped in for Brunch... the waiter that was taking the order was rude and arrogant...then took the order wrong. I ask for cuppuccion I got a horrible latte. When I said to him I ask for a cuppuccion he pointed straight in my face saying it is a cuppuccion. I love coffee and know the difference. Have years of experience in restaurants. Then the food came out and that was wrong as well..

He was due on his brake... me and my daughter was treated like s....

Really the worst place every!!!!

Would not rate this place!!

1  Thank Oba N
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Staff friendly on arrival... Food arrived quicker than expected... as it was out of boxes.. disappointing cocktails.. expensive and poor value for money. food quality very disappointng..expensive and tasteless.. out of boxes!!!

2  Thank theauditor2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went there with a friend, we were seated promptly and the service was great. We had the burgers there and it was made in decent time and was very tasty.
We topped it all off with desserts which were great.