“Wonderful evening out”
Review of Athena Restaurant

Athena Restaurant
Ranked #314 of 1,848 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$ 22 - US$ 33
Description: Authentic Greek restaurant serving fresh greek and european good using fresh and local produce. We are vegetarian and vegan friendly.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Tried the Calamari followed by the Kleftiko. The lamb was cooked very well and had plenty of flavours. The staff were very friendly and hospitable and the new restaurant looks fantastic. Recommend highly.

3  Thank njaxes

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Food was fantastic, lovely decor, very comfy and nice staff. Slightly pricey but worth it. Will definitely be coming back :)

4  Thank Becky K
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is the second visit to Athena and it was good as the first. This time I decided to take my family out for a meal on Easter Sunday. While it was very busy (guess this this to be expected), ordering and serving was quick considering how busy it was. I had the Moussaka while my wife had the Spaghetti meatballs. Both cooked well. Staff were busy, but friendly. Keep up the good work.

5  Thank J R
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Wonderful evening in this new restaurant. The restaurant was busy when we arrived, but were quick to serve us to the table. We both had the Moussaka, which was lovely and cant recommend it enough. We were planning on having desert, but we were stuffed by the end of the evening!

5  Thank Josh W
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My dinner partner loves Greek food and wanted to try this restaurant.

On looking at the menu the first point to note is that a number of traditional Greek food items are excluded to accommodate Mediterranean and British options. That said, there is a varied menu.

We enjoyed our starters of spanakopitakia, soutzouakia and tzatziki.

Our main main courses were more disappointing and overpriced. I had kleftiko which comprised solely of nicely cooked lamb and lumpy mashed potato whilst my partner had mouaska which was a small and considerably overpriced portion.

We opted out of desserts in favour of coffees. My Americano was fine; my partner almost had to find a magnifying glass for his Greek coffee - a very small cup and lots of sediment.

There are many places in Bristol that offer better value than Athena. To succeed the restaurant either needs to reduce its prices or to offer more. Alternatively it will attract curious visitors (like us) who may well not return.

1  Thank aveagoodtime