“Very poor service”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Piccolino in Bristol captures the spirit of Italy with its great food, unrivalled style and vibrant, charming character. Located in the striking new development of Cabot Circus, Piccolino is enhanced by its own equally eye-catching exterior, together with a delightful al fresco terrace that is the perfect place to take a break from shopping and enjoy a relaxing drink or bite to eat with friends. Once inside, the vibrant green leather upholstery, striking black marble table tops and sleek wooden finishes ensure a contemporary style and bold design with a smart yet informal atmosphere. Meanwhile, the chefs work passionately in the open kitchen, creating every dish with care and precision, whilst the sight of fresh pasta being made from scratch is a delightful spectacle for you to watch whilst enjoying modern and classic Italian cuisine.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Rude staff, pushing offers and crap we didn't want.. asked for table water... £4.50 a bottle.. we were expecting a jug, but there was no explanation that it would be that much..the food was meh, at best, I've eaten in Italy and this was a poor imitation.. I had one basil leaf on my caprasi salad.. one tomato, four plum tomatoes and some mozzarella.. not worth £8.. we were there for my wife's birthday.. we should have gone back to San Carlo.. a real Italian restaurant...
AVOID THIS RESTAURANT...

2  Thank Mobile719691
Piccolino B, General Manager at Piccolino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Diner Firstly, I would like thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Piccolino Bristol.Our number one goal is to exceed guests expectations every time they visit our restaurant.
Clearly on this occasion we have failed to meet our goal. We would really appreciate it if you could contact me directly at Piccolino, I would like to have your more detailed feedback about your experience so I can investigate and personally apologise.

Or if you prefer to contact our guest services department and discuss your visit with us in further detail to help us make any necessary improvements.

Our contact details are: E: guestservices@individualrestaurants.com
T: 01615074573
Piccolino Bristol
0117 929 3255

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went to piccolino to have a nice dinner with friends. Ended up so disappointed by the rude staff. The host is the rudest and was OBLIGATING us to pay service charge. Is such a shame because the food was good.

Our contact details are:
E: guestservices@individualrestaurants.com
T: 01615074573

Piccolino Bristol
0117 929 3255

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was good enough for this review to earn four stars and I wish I could end it there. However, it seems as if the waiting staff do not understand the value of customer service to a business let alone the customer.

2  Thank diner123430

Dear Diner Firstly, I would like thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Piccolino Bristol.Our number one goal is to exceed guests expectations every time they visit our restaurants. Clearly on this occasion we have failed to meet our goal. We would really appreciate it if you could contact our guest services department to discuss your visit with us in further detail to help us make any necessary improvements.

Our contact details are: E: guestservices@individualrestaurants.com T: 01615074573

Best regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have just been to Piccolino for my niece in law's hen and I cant thank the staff enough. From Carly who arranged the private dinnig room, the manager who supplied my sister and I a glass of prosseco to calm down when decorating the room to our lovely and very patient waitress,. The service was attentive but subtle and the food sublime as always. Never had a bad meal there and my favourite Italian in Bristol. Thanks guys for a lovely afternoon.

1  Thank Sheehank

Ciao Sheehank Graze mille for sharing the experience you had with Piccolino Bristol with others here on Trip Advisor. The fact that you had a great experience means a lot to me and the entire team and we loved reading about your visit.
Was my pleasure to be able to releave the stress
Prosecco always helps

Piccolino team thanks you

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited the Cabot Circus restaurant on Saturday 25th August in the evening for our anniversary meal. We choose this restaurant on recommendations from friends as they were impressed with the food and service however we were very disappointed on our visit.

Upon arrival we were offered our table inside or out which we choose the terrace, the waiter came and took our order for drinks , explained the menu. He came back with drinks minus the water we asked for, we waited for it to arrive which it didn’t so we had to ask again.

Our sharing starter came out which looked impressive and we started to eat, however whilst enjoying this our mains then appeared without us finishing our starters. The waiter saw us still eating and just put our mains down on the table without offering to take it back so we could finish our starters, myself and my partner felt rushed to finish our starters as the mains would be getting cold.

When we did finish we had to move the starter out the way ourselves to be able to put our own main meals in front of us to eat. I myself found my chicken to be very dry, during this time not one waiter or management appeared back at our table to ask if everything was okay with our food, instead we could see them using their phones.

Waiter came and took our plates away and asked if we wanted dessert menu, as you can imagine we were so fed up of our experience we just wanted to finish our drinks and leave.

Our bill was in total of £75 plus with service charge, we felt this was not worth the money or the type of non existent service we received. It was a very disappointing anniversary meal!

3  Thank Carly M
Piccolino B, General Manager at Piccolino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Carly Firstly, I would like thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Piccolino Bristol.Our number one goal is to exceed guests expectations every time they visit our restaurants. Clearly on this occasion we have failed to meet our goal.

Regards