See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Since I reviewed this hotel in 2011 the prices have increased and there are no deals available to reduce the prices.
The location is good but to get a better value and better quality budget option in Bristol book in advance and stay for less at one of the Travelodges or Ibis

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AnonLondon23
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Unfortunately decided to check in here to save some money. Really wish i hadn't bothered.
My partner and I arrived at the room. Bed was broken. The wardrobe was broken. Our room was on the ground floor and the skylight looked up to another window so people could see stright in. To top it off smelled of drains. We called the bloke who tried to argue the merits of the rooom and that no one had complained about thw indow before. The whole point of us booking was so we could have somewhere private. He said he'd give us a reund so we thought fine, cut our losses and a friend said we could stay with them so no poblem. Six phonecalls, three emails and two months later nothing. Spoke to a lady who promised the money was coming through on two occasaions and that they were having a poblem with paypal. Now when I phone no reply at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James R
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Dont bother. Booking made, money taken - NO ROOM. Ages on the phone (which cost me money of course), forwarding on booking confirmation emails and payment confirmations, before they unceremoniously hung up when I asked them to confirm that they would refund my money.

Avoid. Completely.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cosyphil
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I booked the hotel and tried to email them about parking but got no reply - ever.

24 hours before we were due to arrive at the hotel we were supposed to receive the entry code according to the website. No code arrived so I tried to email them and call the phone number. I sent an email and left an answerphone message - no reply, but we finally received the code by text a few hours before which was fortunate as we were on a course and didn't have the time or energy to go hotel hunting.

The hotel itself is nothing like the pictures and our budget double room (they didn't have any ensuites so we had to downscale when booking) had what could only be described as a large single mattress on top of a small double bed base. The fact the mattress didn't even fit the bed shows how cheapskate they are!

The room itself was really beaten up and badly in need of a decent clean as well as a coat of paint and some polyfiller. The carpet was really grubby and the drain in the shower didn't work so you ended even the shortest shower in ankle deep in water. The light in the shower didn't work either but don't phone the concierge! - he has no people skills, doesn't have any idea how to respond to complaints, hung up the phone in the middle of our conversation and was very aggressive about leaving the light on in the toilet! A gentle request would have been appropriate.

The communal toilets were ok but the floor was gathering dust in the corners and the bins provided for waste were not adequate for even the disposable towels let alone the sanitary waste that was contained within them - they were tiny and overflowing by mid-morning.

Didn't really use the communal kitchen other than the kettle and mugs, so couldn't really comment on this.

Room Tip: Don't go for the budget double unless you are a single occupant.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I wish I'd read the reviews before I booked! I booked this for a friend for his 3 day break in Bristol. He was really looking forward to watching some tv (as he doesn't have one at home) and having a wander round the city. The access code wasn't sent and nobody answered the phone which caused some anxiety but eventually I managed to contact the "concierge" and he gave me the code. The tv didn't work so 30% of the break wasn't fulfilled. The wash basin had no plug which made washing difficult! Re Aggelos P, my friend is the sort of person who WILL NEVER COMPLAIN so is the ideal guest! I certainly won't ever book this place again.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo