“Nice ambiance!!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Location: kumeu, Auckland.
Ambiance: nice rustic cafe on a little true lake where you see ducks and gooses. It's like a cafeteria where you place your order and seat yourself. The lady at the cashier was very nice and informative.
Service: kind of slow and not in top of things.
Food: I got a cake that looked delicious but had a freezer burn. Coffee was good though. So food is below average.
Price: reasonable

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Over the years I have been to this cafe many times and haven't been back for a while. Today we arrived at 0830 (the opening time) and after a few minutes greeted the waitress behind the till. Our exchange of "good morning" was pleasant but then she promptly turned her back on the three of us and the focus was on making breakfast for themselves. After a while she came back to us. I asked if the scones were freshly baked - no, the night before. Fair enough I thought I'll have one anyway. Bad decision. It was dry and a bit stale even though it was heated up. The coffee was ok but overall not a good experience unfortunately.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

This place used to be great. Would visit every weekend or so for lunch, but stopped after meals started to be missed and food was coming out of very poor quality. I decided to give it another go about 8 months later and found it no better. The place was REALLY dirty, dishes not cleared. The tables need a really good clean. The staff seemed really unhappy as well which added to the lack luster atmosphere. This place used to be our favourite spot. What happend?

1  Thank kiwitraveler92
Reviewed 8 November 2016

great food
decor a bit out dated & worn ( wouldnt dine in carriages again)
but good food and kids had a great time

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Decided to try this cafe as thought my little girl might enjoy having lunch in a train carriage, which she did.

Good service, reasonable prices, good sized meals. I had the hash tower which had eggs, bacon, baked beans and 5 hash browns. I couldn't eat it all.

The only negative is they don't have decaf coffee for those of us trying to stay off caffeine for health reasons.

We would go again.