“Worst Weatherspoons I've ever been to!”

The Blackwater Stream
Ranked #13 of 20 Restaurants in Broadstone
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We thought this Weatherspoons was the worst we've ever used.
It was so messy, nobody was cleaning tables, or the bar area. Several cask ales were on display but out of stock.
We were going to eat here but left due to the mess and the very poor customer service.

1  Thank Richbon7
blackwater s, Manager at The Blackwater Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hi

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry we did not maintain our usually high standards for your visit. This is not the usual experience when visiting and I hope you will give us another chance.

I will pass your feedback onto our team to improve the service we provide.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Been having the odd Breakfast here for the last few years. On the whole it is one of the better weatherspoons, but the standards have been slipping. My last breakfast came out with bacon I swear winked at me, even after asking for it to be cooked for longer. Then I was missing the eggs, 15 minutes after reporting it I had to remind the waiter, then a short wait and a couple of fried eggs appeared. Bingo I thought....
The guy serving me was really apologetic, then explained the delay was because of a couple of previous attempts to cook them had gone wrong (how you mess a fried egg up?) Anyway, looking at my eggs they seemed a little underdone, when you can hold a plate sideways and the egg sticks something is not right. Gave up after that. Historically it was much better, had it not been for a few other minor things on the previous few occasions I would have shrugged the shoulders.
As this is still exceptional value, I am happy to pay a little more to ensure chefs are trained to fry an egg.

2  Thank DPI1
Reviewed 7 August 2018

As with all Weatherspoon Pubs, this one offers good value food and drinks with a different "special menu" including a drink each evening ie Tuesdays is steak night, Wednesdays is chicken night, Thursdays is curry night and so on.....
It is a child friendly pub, all the staff are very friendly and the service is quick. The one downside of this Pub is it is dark and is badly in need of a refurbishment. Setting that aside, all in all it is worth a visit,

blackwater s, Manager at The Blackwater Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hi

Thank you for your good review of our pub, we are looking at ways to improve the brightness, we have recently had new carpets, we will soon be having the pub repainted and we are looking at more advanced LED lighting to improve the brightness in the pub.

Again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Stopping off at a B and B in Broadstone we were needing a pub to have something to eat after a stressful 7 and a half hour drive. At the end of the Main Street we spotted the Blackwater Stream with lots of people outside enjoying the heat and drinks. We then noticed it was a Wetherspoon pub, a brand we don’t use, but are aware of as we have a very popular one in our own town. First impressions was how full it was inside and out, it was also dark and extremely hot inside despite the doors being left open. There were quite a few tables that needed cleaning and clearing but the staff were obviously working full out. We decided on the curry meal option which included a curry and a drink and was reasonably priced. Service for drinks was slow but the meals were there within minutes. My curry bowl was full to the brim and my lamb was lovely whilst my partners chicken dish was about half full and the chicken was hard to cut in places. However, the meals were tasty, rice, popaddoms and Nan breads well cooked and for the price, couldn’t be faulted. We decided to have a drink outside afterwards but finding a table without an overflowing, off putting ashtray was difficult. We’re not anti smoking but again if the staff could keep on top of this it would have improved our impression personally.

blackwater s, Manager at The Blackwater Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Hi

Thank you for your feedback, I am very glad you enjoyed your meals with us. We always try to keep on top of our standards inside and in the garden however during busy times this can be difficult.

Again thank you for your feedback and I will take all of it under consideration as we look to improve our pub.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We went for breakfast here last weekend and thought it was fab! Not only was there a good selection, it’s was so cheap and yummy too. Hot drinks are refillable and we even sat out in the sunshine. Couldn’t fault it!

Thank you for your fantastic review! We hope to see you again soon.