“Thatchers Somerset Haze  (GONE)??? ”

The Blackwater Stream
Ranked #13 of 20 Restaurants in Broadstone
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Great pub until our visit yesterday. It appears they've decided to take Thatchers Somerset Haze of the pumps??? Are favourite tipple. Perhaps because it's not free with some meals... Who knows, in any event we'll be eating and drinking at another pub... Very disappointed :(

blackwater s, Manager at The Blackwater Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate any feedback from customers regarding our drinks selection and I am sorry that we have let you down in this instance. I hope that you will give us another chance as we do have a fantastic range of drinks on offer.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Angus steak was terrible would not feed to my dog

Staff are nice food is terrible, no one asked how food was as they obviously know it will be bad !

1  Thank Snarbu1

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you were let down on your visit and hope that it will not put you off giving us another try in the future. I will review your comments with the team so we can avoid this in the future. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I have been using this Wetherspoons for a couple of years, it has always had excellent staff with attention to detail and has always been clean. Lately though, standards have slipped. The other night when dining with family, meals came out at different times, my 2 friends finished their meals before me and while I was still eating, their plates were whisked away, they were not asked if 'everything was OK' or spoken to, a member of staff, just swept in, leant across me while I was still eating and took their plates. One of my companions asked if they were short of plates in the kitchen, we just got a shrug in response. Whilst my mixed grill was good, it had been cooked on a griddle that was in desperate need of a clean, I had scraped quite a lot of the black 'icky stuff' from my meat and wiped it onto my napkin, I mentioned to the staff member when my plate was taken that the griddle needed cleaning as there was residue on the meat, while showing him the napkin, he just shrugged and said "yeah..." Again, at no point were we asked about our meal. This used to be a great pub, but the standard of service and also the pub itself have been allowed to go downhill recently.

blackwater s, Manager at The Blackwater Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your response and I'm sorry you feel that our standards were not to our normal high standards.
Sometimes meals will arrive if there are ordered on different tickets as we do try to ensure that all meals are delivered at the same time.
I have passed your feedback on to the kitchen manager concerning the cooking appliances, these are thoroughly cleaned every night at the end of business, he assures me that he will look into this.
I will pass your feedback onto the staff about the importance communication and check backs as we do try to ensure every customer receives a check back after five minutes.

Once again thank you for your feedback

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Whist many things have improved of late, very disappointed that there has been a reduced menu put in place and a crafty increase in pricing. Whilst I understand the wastage issue, perhaps if so much wasn't wasted on retuned meals the menu could of retained most of the deleted items.. On the whole it is generally a pleasant place to eat and drink..

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Its our local lovely pub good food furniture embarrising good beer needs a refurb urgently please!