Travelodge Limerick Castletroy
US$ 186
Pery's Hotel(Limerick)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewscafe noircafe next doorroom was cleanstayed herebudget hotelplace to sleeppetrol stationtravel lodgeshort staytea coffee facilitiesan ironcomfortable stayideal locationcouple of nightssingle bednext morningaldi
Reviewed 2 April 2018

5 of u (in 3 rooms) were very impressed with the Travelodge at Castletroy. The building is very clean (as are the rooms) and they are modern and very spacious. Bedding was superb! The reception staff were very friendly as so too were the Cafe staff next door. We are 5 Australians travelling around and the Cafe staff were very helpful with attractions to visit - particularly the Cliffs of Moher which we ended up visiting. Excellent work Traveldoge - it was an enjoybale stay!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vietnamexplorer
Des H, Manager at Travelodge Limerick Castletroy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Vietnamexplorer
Thank you for your very kind feedback following your recent stay with us, we are delighted with the positive review are the team would like to express their gratitude for such kind words, it was our pleasure to have you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I have to say I’ve stayed in some exsclusive hotels in the past and this hotel definitely compares for the price you really do get looked after
The staff are more than friendly and could not do enough to help all areas of the hotel are spotless!!
Rooms are really cozy with comfortable double bed plenty of room
I really can’t recommend this place enough

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jonno G

Dear JonnoG

Reviewed 19 January 2018

If you want a hotel room with wifi, DO NOT stay in this hotel.

The rest. According to my Hotels.com (aka Expedia) booking, I had a three person, Triple Room booking, but Travelodge said no, it was a Triple Room for two people! Go figure! Had to pay an extra 10 euro for our third person. Reception staff, while friendly, did not have English as their first language - far from it. Bad start all round.
Room was standard Travelodge fair. As a Sleep Apnea patient I require the use of a CPAP machine beside my bed, but these rooms have no bedside locker, just a very small recessed shelf, mobile phone size! Come on Travelodge, how much would a bedside locker cost?!?
Some bedside light switches worked, some didn't. One of the two reading lights was faulty. Bathroom was fine, except no cold water in the sink tap - hot or very hot only!

Relaxing in our room that evening, we heard a loud 'bang' then a constant air gush sound. Short version, strong winds were blowing open a small air vent that ran along the top of one of the windows, and could not be closed. Rang reception to explain our problem and was told they would call up to examine it. Half an hour later, in a rapidly cooling room, with very loud background noise, I called down to reception in person. I was told "..I told you we would call up to check it out when we could..". Rude, unhelpful and argumentative! Everything reception staff should not be! The window was 'repaired' some time later - with sellotape!!! Had to listen to a small 'whine' of wind all night getting through a tiny gap in the repair job. Tried to distract myself watching the smallest hotel bedroom TV - ever! If you have to stay here, bring a laptop with previously downloaded movies/music.

The room and bed were otherwise clean and comfortable - why mess it up Travelodge?!?

Room Tip: Check all doors, windows etc before unpacking!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 809brens
Des H, Manager at Travelodge Limerick Castletroy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Breandan S

Thank you for your review after investigating the matter I am most disappointed you felt to emit so much positive information from your review. When you arrived your reservation was booked for two persons, when you reserve it is specify that if a third adult is added to the booking it incurs €10 extra, this is common practice in Hotels. I would also like to point out that the receptionists are indeed proficient in English in fact Joanna is Irish. I am sorry if you found the room to standard of Travelodge, but this is the brand you buy when you stay at Travelodge. I will direct your comments to the Company on the layout and brand furnishings.
We have investigated the water issues raised with our maintenance and we found no problems with hot or cold water from the taps. My apologies for the light malfunction, we depend on our values guests to inform us of any defects like this as if thought our housekeeping team test these, sometimes not all issues are are identified prior to check in. On the vent above the window this is t circulate some air and avoid condensation, we are a high rise building and the night you stayed was an extremely windy night with storm force gales due to storm Fionn, on investigating the matter I note the two receptionists went to your room and taped the vent over once the opportunity became available for them to leave reception, as they had a ques waiting to check in. I apologise if they came across rude but I would point out that Joanna has several comments on Tripadviser and indeed always achieves top customer service from our mystery guest reports.
Upon reflection our sister property would have been more suitable to avoid the storm noise and I have briefed the Reception team to offer any guest who experience similar issues in the future to suggest a move to our sister property which is only two floors and somewhat more sheltered.

Thank you and I hope i have answered your concerns, we do hope to welcome you back to Travelodege in the Future.

Des Hynes

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Check in was fast and staff was very helpful. Room was clean and warm, bed comfortable. Not much amenities, could do with a hairdryer in the room, but overall very good value for money. I have enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Des H, Manager at Travelodge Limerick Castletroy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear markob826
Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent stay at Travelodge Castletroy. we are delighted with your review, as a brand standard Travelodge do not offer hairdryers in the room, however we do have hair dryers available at reception for our valued guests.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Booked here based on having a colocated restaurant being open to 9pm. At least that was the advertised time.. in fact, it was closed by 7. I was told I could walk a mile or so to another establishment...in the sleet. No thanks.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear ibsinc
Thank you for your review, we do not operate or indeed have anything business connection with Cafe Noir, I apologise if they had closed contrary to the time they have advertised with us, I have contacted TripAdvisor to put your review on Cafe Noir page, however as usual TripAdvisor did not in any way assist. I will take your feedback to the operator but you may review Cafe Noir on their TripAdvisor page. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge in the future.