All reviews tumble dryer has everything you could need washing machine log burner hot tub stunning views welsh cakes wi fi wonderful lodge fully equipped kitchen forest radnor cabin towels dog sheep logs
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I am confused at some of the 'bad' reviews about this lodge. It is spotless, well equipped, stunning location, helpful on hand owners and more than comfortable. I loved it here, so much so I have booked to go again. The hot tub is a fabulous feature. Its dog friendly, you have direct access to the woods and a lovely gesture was the welsh cakes and dog treats waiting for us when we arrived. Personally I would say it was 5* all round.

Room Tip: Both lodges have fantastic views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Jennifer R, Owner at Fishpools Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thank you for the lovely review. I am so glad that you had a fabulous time here and I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 28 May 2017

this was our third visit here.We cant fault the place.just remember there is no wifi,which is ok for us unless you need to ring someone.Plenty of birds to spot.The lodge has everything you need and a massive bed to have goodnights sleep in

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words -it was nice to see you again. We have heard rumours that although we are unlikely to get broad band provision at Fishpools, 4g might be coming to the area! Hurrah!

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This was our 6th / 7th visit to the lovely log cabins on the edge of Radnor Forest. What can I say, it truly is a little piece of paradise, being away from the busy rat race, and being able to completely relax without hearing a phone ring (as no phone signal or wifi, which truly makes this place a real gem).

Location is fantastic to visit many wonderful site Wales has to offer, or even for complete rest and relaxation if you don't want to venture to far, you can walk for hours in the forest and retreat back to the cabin for a couple of drinks in the hot tub!

Everything you need to feel like your living home from home.

Please don't be put off by any negative reviews, some people just love to moan for the sake of moaning. I'm not the sort of person that returns anywhere twice, as feel there's so much of the world to explore, but the repeat visits we've made here have been done because it's a perfect UK break and comes thorough recommended.

Daniel

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel M
Jennifer R, Owner at Fishpools Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for such a lovely review.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner who suffers from M.E and Fybromialga have just returned from a weekend break at Bleddfa Lower Fishpools, Powys which cost over £400. I am absolutely horrified of the condition of the lodge we stayed in causing my partner stress. There was supposed to be a BBQ at the lodge so with the weather being great i bought fresh meat and charcoal before we arrived but when we did arrive there was NO BBQ. There for all the food and charcoal was wasted, costing me £50. I could not contact the owner as there was no phone signal or internet signal in the area. We did not see the owner all the time we were at the lodge.

The decking area was disgusting, it was filthy, covered in green moss and old bird poo everywhere, even poo on the patio doors and patio table and chairs. So with that we could not eat outside or even put towels anywhere for when we went in to the hot tub. Even the grass looked liked it had not been cut for a month. This caused my partner to be upset and very stressed. This weekened was supposed to be a relaxing break as we have an autistic son as well as my partner being disabled.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank faseman
Jennifer R, Owner at Fishpools Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

I am sorry that you were so distressed at not having a bbq - I am not sure what happened to it during your stay, as since the lodges have been open there has been a large kettle bbq situated outside for guests use. The Welcome folder states that I am often working when guests arrive and am not usually able to meet with them but tend to see them when I test the hot tub. However, it does clearly state that if there are any problems to text/ring or call at the house which is at the end of the drive. It is a shame that you didn't call down as I have several spare bbq's which you could have used. As I have previously explained- we have a House Martins nest by the front door which has recently been hi-jacked by sparrows- we have found that most guests like them and have shared many pictures of them and the fledglings when they hatch- the down-side of having wild life so close is that they poo! The comments left by the guests prior and following your stay were incredibly positive and it is a shame that you were not able to enjoy yourselves.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

After booking this cottage and really looking forward to visiting after recommendations from other dog walking friends... I sadly lost my dad a week before and even contacting hoseasons in plenty of time for them to rebook the cottage for our allocated time which they did,we were told "that'll be a 100 % loss I'm afraid" we would have happily rebooked for another time. But sadly we will never use hoseasons again and I will make it my business to tell anyone interested in using them the shoddy way we were treated at a a very traumatic time.
Shame on you hoseasons!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Jennifer R, Owner at Fishpools Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

I am sorry for the loss of your dad Rebecca. Hoseasons are our booking agent and unfortunately we at Lower Fishpools don't have any control over their policies of cancellations. If a guest cancels a booking we are not given any reasons- it is just written on the weekly booking list as 'cancelled'. We don't get paid for any cancelled bookings either (even if they are cancelled on the day or if the guest has taken out holiday insurance) so when you cancelled we didn't get another booking or the money you paid so I think we all lost out!
I am glad to hear that you booked because of recommendations as Lower Fishpools is such a perfect place to stay and we have many guests who return on a regular basis.
kind regards,