“Exciting exterior, bland inside”
Review of GPK Bar and Grill

GPK Bar and Grill
Ranked #14 of 69 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Had been looking forward to going to GPK having driven past it so many times. From outside it looks like an exciting, intimate and sophisticated restaurant.
But inside is brightly lit, plastic everywhere, no atmosphere.
Food took its time arriving, and while Ok it didn't reflect the quality I expected.
I hope the owner reads this as the restaurant is in a prime spot, promises so much, but has plenty of shortcomings.
Work on the lighting, the internal decor, seating, and music. A lack of imagination is apparent.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Good prompt service. Friendly waitress and manager who came to the table to greet us.Good selection of pizza's and entree's. Deserts are a bit pricey

Reviewed 2 May 2017

GPK has been our go to for a couple of years now, but the last few visits have been really disappointing. I have no complaints about the food - it has always been delicious. It's the staffing and service that have become increasingly poor. On our visit last week we were one table of maybe three that were already occupied. We waited for more than an hour for our mains and when they did arrive, they were quickly snatched away as the waiter (who did ask me how I would like my lamb shank cooked - medium rare?? and when I said, "falling off the bone" he looked rather perplexed!) realised that they were for another table. Another 15 minute wait...... Would hate to be there on a busy night, you'd wait forever for your meals!

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

GPL squid and chorizo salad. This salad cost me $20 for a bunch of leaves and a handful of small pices of squid and chorizo. I would recommend the pizza from GPK but nothing else. The salad was over dressed with a sour vinaigrette and the chorizo didn't pack much flavour. Overall a waste of $20. It was poorly presented on a long plate, where it should have been served in a bowl tossed all together with some cherry tomatoes. On first glance it looked like something out of the 80s.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We arrived at GPK in Albany at around 4:00pm for what was an early dinner. We both ordered the fish burger which came with fries and some salad for $20.00.

The fish was tasty, the salad was fresh and the chips were hot. My husband had a beer and I had a glass of wine so all in all we had a lovely meal. Good value for money.

Because of the 'in-between' time, we were only one of three groups in the restaurant, so it was lovely and quiet, but I should imagine it would get quite busy and noisy when it fills up. Service was acceptable and overall we were pleasantly surprised with the food and value for money.