All reviews the pub butchart gardens jetted tub vancouver island gas fireplace view of the bay small marina third floor room rain shower beautiful resort ferry dock outdoor patio romantic getaway floor to ceiling windows local ferry minute drive downtown victoria
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a weekend away without the kids at the Brentwood Bay Resort and it was blissful. Our room had a king size bed, a fireplace, a jetted tub, and a beautiful view of the harbour. We had a delicious (and reasonably priced) breakfast delivered to our room and a lovely lunch on the deck of the pub. There were things to do, but we didn’t do any of them, preferring to stay in our comfortable, quiet room and read and nap the day away. All the rooms face the bay and have their own outside entrance, motel style. Our room was spotlessly clean. We had such an enjoyable experience, we can’t wait to go back.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
LeadershipTeam, Front Office Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 384darcees,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort! It is always a pleasure to read and respond to our guest's reviews. Our rooms certainly are the place to relax and recharge with breathtaking views in reach! Your comments about the cleanliness of your room will make our Housekeepers smile, thank you for sharing! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and cannot wait to return; truth be told, we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always stay here when we come back to Vancouver Island to visit. The view from an inlet-facing room can't be beat. So peaceful to wake up to nature. Great location for getting to/from the airport, visiting Victoria and Butchart Gardens, as well as Sea Cider and Sidney by the Sea.

Room Tip: Ask for inlet-facing
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear KManson14,

We are always so thrilled to welcome back repeat guests! It's nice to have a familiar spot when visiting Vancouver Island. I appreciate you sharing how convenient our location is! We are lucky to have world class attractions located just moments from our doorstep. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Hav'nt been to this pub for a few years but decided to meet good friends there on a nice sunny day. Upon entering the pub it was fairly busy and very noisy probably due to the high ceilings and stone floors. This made it very poor for any conversation we wanted to have. Menu was limited in choices and a sushi menu was also available. I opted for the steak sandwich which was on garlic bread with crispy onions and a mushroom tapenade and fries. My spouse had sushi. My steak sandwich was lukewarm and the meat was tough and sinewy, fries were okay. At $26.00 I was very disappointed. My friend had the same dish and also complained about the quality of the steak. My wife indicated the sushi was okay but not as good as previous visits. Price was reasonable. This is a nice pub with great location and patio views overlooking the bay but we left disappointed agreeing that we would try somewhere else in the bay when we met up again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Caitlin P, Food and Beverage Leader at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Gary S,

I'm sorry to hear we didn't hit the mark this time around. I hope that your server was notified and able to rectify these issues. Our pub is certainly noisy and I wouldn't recommend it for intimate conversation- perhaps our Dining Room might suit your needs better. I hope that you will give The Pub another chance in the future, or that you are able to find somewhere else that you and your close friends can all enjoy.

Regards,
Caitlin

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We spent a few nights here, hoping for a restful alternative to Victoria. The property was fine but hardly memorable. The pool is tiny — especially for a so-called resort — and there is no gym or anything else to warrant being deemed a resort. We only had breakfast at the restaurant, which was fair. The hotel told us they couldn’t supply a crib “for liability purposes”. This was very peculiar and inconvenient. In sum, nothing per se wrong about the hotel but I wouldn’t return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear NYinTransit,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you did not find our property to be a memorable one. We do have a workout room down in our Marina facility; equipped with elliptical, stationary bike, weight rack and free weights. I am sorry you did not get a chance to venture down to the Marina to use the facilities. It is true that we do not have cribs at our resort, however, we have a list of nanny services which rent cribs to guests for a nominal fee. Please let us know next time and we could arrange the delivery of a crib for arrival.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I am a local so go several times a year for various spa procedures which have always been great; however, I had a massage today and the constant stream of noise coming from the hallway ruined the experience for me. I gather several large parties were coming to experience the spa and although there are signs requesting clients to be quiet, these were obviously ignored. Brentwood spa is not inexpensive and I think, at these prices, more should be done to ensure that guests’ experiences are not ruined by this sort of behaviour. It is hard to get into “the zone” when there is a constant stream of talking coming from the corridor; someone even had YouTube video playing for several minutes that I could hear quite clearly!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
LeadershipTeam, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hello beansmum2017,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience in the spa on Trip Advisor, we values our guests feedback.
I am very sorry to hear your experience was ruined by loud guests in the hallway.
We try to control the noise levels as much as we can but clearly in this instance we fell short. I will address this feedback with the spa team so that we can make more of an effort to keep large parties a bit quieter while in the hallways, as we do not allow cell phones in the spa.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to email me directly at louisa@brentwoodbayresort.com

Louisa