Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews general store pizza the cottages place to stay off season beautiful place fresh food bring your own living room ocean view tribune bay deck cabin island shower campground hornby
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2021

Our four-day stay in the single bedroom waterfront cabin (#1) in Ford's Cove was not enough - we could have happily stayed on for a few months!
The cabin's expansive 2-tier patio is perfectly positioned for view and sunsets, and a great location for sundowners! The rustic simplicity of the cabin made for easy living and a true holiday feel.
All essentials are provided - just remember to bring your own condiments and shampoo. The general store, which is steps away, is well supplied with fresh food and staples and offers pizza in the evenings and fresh baked goods in the mornings.
There is a short, steep flight of stairs to a long stroll along the seashore.
The staff are friendly, efficient and hard working.
Don't expect high luxury, just enjoy the simple pleasures and comforts that define living on Hornby.
We can't wait to visit again!

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 8 October 2020 via mobile

Pros - Nice enough view, great bed and great TV. Nice beach below. Good to have a store.

Cons- shabby cabin. If I knew how shabby it was I'd never have booked it. I swept the entire deck upon arrival and took down the cob webs. The out door furniture was gross. Had to sit on a towel.

Glad to have the opportunity to explore Hornby Island but next time we will try the Sea Breeze.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank eileen j
Reviewed 24 September 2020

I been coming to Hornby for many years and stayed at many different places on the island until I found Ford’s Cove, the best keep secret. Since then I been coming here with my family for the last 3 years and myself and the kids just love it. We always stay in the 2 bedroom cabins which are ocean view. The cottages are simple but have everything we need. One bedroom has 2 beds and one bedroom has a queen sizes bed. The kitchen has a large freezer/fridge combo, a stove and oven. The living room has a comfy couch that can be turned into a queen size bed as well. The cottages are always clean and they are constantly updating the cottages and the property. I say that because if you are looking at pictures that are updated here on trip advisor they are not up to date and do not reflect the cottages. Many of the pictures here don’t even exist anymore due to all the updates the new administration has done to all the buildings.
One of the things that surprised me this year was how hard I saw the staff keeping up with all the new covid protocols, from the store, to the cottages, the campground and common areas. That made me feel safe. I saw them cleaning the cabin beside me and I noticed the cleaning staff sanitizing even the door handles as they walk away.
A shout out to the employees at Ford’s Cove for been always very nice and welcoming.
Can’t wait to get back here next year

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Betaanddean
Reviewed 25 July 2020

I have stayed at Ford's Cove on several occasions and have always enjoyed my stay. It is so much quieter and more peaceful than the over-crowded Tribune Bay Campsite. The grounds are well kept, the washrooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Ford's Cove is the best campground on Hornby Island by far. In fact I have a campsite booked for 12 days from now!

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 5 December 2019 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at one of the two electrical sites. I have to say the resort is absolutely beautiful with so much potential. All of the campsites are beautiful and private but the bathrooms and shower were very poorly maintained and/or cleaned. Sharing a shower with a bunch of spiders in every corner of the shower and the bathroom is not much fun and the shower lasts about 2 mins per loonie. However you need the first loonie to warm up the water. And a word to the wise...bring your own loonies because the run down shack of a store which is run by the campsite doesn’t like to give out change even though they’re providing the shower. A very good note about the store is that it is very well stocked, prices lower
Than the local coop, fresh baking available as well as a cappuccino machine. We were there in December so whether or not that had an impact on the service I don’t know. But for $36/night in the off-season, I expected more or at the very least, clean facilities.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple