“New Years Eve disappointment”
Review of Cow Cafe

Cow Cafe
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Cowichan Bay
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cow Cafe West Coast Grill is dedicated to presenting fresh stylish cuisine and providing cheerful service. We’ve created a relaxed family environment for our guest to feel comfortable enabling them to sit back and enjoy their dining experience. We are all about the LOCAL.. Wines, Beers, Food & More.. We are proud to say that we are locally owned and operated and we continue to grow with the support of family, friends and locals.
Reviewed 1 January 2018

The atmosphere is nice, but the service and food were way below par. Bland is the word that best describes my drink and menu choice. The first sip of my Caesar tasted oddly like ketchup, but was palatable after I sent it back for a larger dose of tobacco and Worcestershire. For dinner I ordered lobster risotto. I'm not sure how it is possible to risotto with absolutely no flavour....but the chef at Cow Cafe succeeded. It was topped with a chunk of over-cooked, rubbery lobster. The waitress was slow and inattentive, with a one-word vocabulary "PERFECT!" This was, without any doubt, my most disappointing dining experience of 2017 but, to be fair, those who did not order the risotto were more satisfied with their chicken and halibut choices. Finally, the menu was extremely limited (only 4 main course choices) and over-priced.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We were in a burger mood so that's what everyone had. They were excellent as was the view. We were looking for it based on other reviews, but there wasn't a sign that I could see that said "Cow Cafe" so look for the restaurant in the Oceanfront Suites hotel instead. Friendly service as well. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I’ve been to the Cow Café for breakfast and lunch and been pleasantly surprised both times. They are now in the hotel down in Cowichan Bay and have the views to match their amazing service and food. I’m so looking forward to going there for dinner!

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Having a view might have helped, unfortunately it was already dark. Had scallops in two dishes appetizer (scallop and pork belly) and seafood spaghettini. Both times tough and overcooked - not what one wants. The pork belly was nicely crisped and tasty, nothing in the pasta was nice or tasty. Sauce meant to be roasted tomato, was sort of a mush and boring, it was a nothing dish really. Service was a bit irritating as well, interrupted our discussion several times to say things like "here's your dish" - if people are talking why not just serve the food unobtrusively? There are much better options only a few steps away in Cowichan Bay. Wine list small and mainly local.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We were staying the night at the Oceanside suites in Cowichan bay and decided to give this restaurant a try after reading the reviews. We were not disappointed! We tried their seafood platter with crab, lobster tail, prawns, scallops, and crab dip and loved every bite! The service was friendly, fast and very efficient given hiw busy they were. I would definitely recommend to anyone:)