“bad, avoid at all costs”

Cowichan Bay Seafood
Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Cowichan Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Had a horrible experience. Food was awful. Service was awful. I should have listened to the google reviews before wasting my time and money.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Cowichan Bay Seafood is located in Victoria Public Market at 1701 Douglas St in downtown Victoria. It features a fresh seafood market and a small restaurant. Fresh seafood can be purchased to take home or they will cook it there for you to eat. They also, have a menu of seafood preparations that includes salmon, crab, seafood soups, fish tacos, fish & chips, sandwiches & much more.

My husband & I went for lunch. I was looking forward to having a fresh shrimp sandwich. But, they were out of shrimp. I was disappointed. I had the oyster fry instead. The 4 oysters tasted fresh & sweet. My husband had the cod & chips.
He was very pleased with the size & flavor of his fish. We both enjoyed fresh lemon water & cucumber water with our meal.

We will go back to this place for fresh seafood, the next time that we are in Victoria.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Cowichan Bay Seafood offers a selection of salads, sandwiches and soups featuring fresh seafood or organic sausages complemented by fresh, organic, local produce.

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

This place has the best fish tacos, and the oyster fry is incredible as well. Took home some live crab to have for supper. This place is a hole in the wall, but the food and service is fantastic.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

We bought some of the smoked salmon and then a fillet to BBQ at home. Both were awesome and tasted completely different than anything you could buy at the grocery store.