All reviews police station included breakfast unique hotel interesting artifacts decorated with antiques a great stay hot breakfast old building historic area included in the price historic charm cookie cutter step back in time eggs benedict comfortable bed sunshine coast lots of character
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Good location and nice stay in this former Courthouse. It’s almost like a museum with memorabilia and antiques throughout. Our favourite was Edie Rae’s cafe and the hot breakfast that came with the room. Love JP’s story behind his legendary mother.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kelly B, Owner at The Old Courthouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write up a review of the Inn and Edie Rae's. Hoping to see you again.
Cheers
Kelly, JP and Staff

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We love historic buildings and reminders of days long gone. The Old Courthouse didn't disappoint. Imparts a genuine flavour of coastal British Columbia as it was. Why, the place is older than I am! Very well maintained, very comfortable, friendly hosts. We'll be back sooner rather than later.

Room Tip: We had room 4. We were very satisfied.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kelly B, Owner at The Old Courthouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for your kind words and please visit us again

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Townsite is horrible. There, I said it. While undoubtedly once a beacon of the Garden City movement, the town is dying on its feet. But one of the nice things about it is the Old Courthouse Inn. It's decorated as a family home from the 1920s and 30s, and it manages to be amazingly charming without slipping into kitsch. The hotel and accompanying cafe (free breakfast, very good) is themed around the proprietor's mother - but not in a Norman Bates kind of way, she was a small town gal blessed with film star looks. Comfortable bed, plenty of hot water, ample parking. Don't expect 5* Marriott-like amenities - this is an old hotel. But it's definitely one of the bright spots in this town, and if I have to stay in Powell River again, I'll certainly stay here

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words and please come visit us again

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We have now stayed at the Old Courthouse Inn twice. The owner and the staff are all extremely helpful and friendly. Your room comes with a delicious complimentary breakfast. The hotel is right across the street from Townsite Brewery where you can enjoy delicious craft beer. This would be my number one place to stay in Powell River.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we definitely would love to have you visit us again

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Old building, barely any hot water , wouldn’t describe it as clean really, poorly done renovations which just makes it look cheap and run down. No tv, DVD player and computer monitor... really. Felt as though I was staying in grammas spare bedroom. For &170 a night with taxes I’d sleep in my truck and save the money.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kelly B, Owner at The Old Courthouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

I feel that you may have meant this review for another hotel. Yes, we are an old building (built in 1939), yet we have all amenities that a new hotel would have. Hot water on demand (and lots of it!), TVs and DVD players in each room, as well as a coffee maker and fridge and private baths with showers and/or tubs...
Cheap and rundown? Our inn is filled with valuable antiques that we have collected over the years (99% of guests think it is a museum). I'm sorry that you were displeased, and again, I think you meant this for another hotel in the Historic Townsite as I cannot find your name in our system as a guest that stayed with us.