Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews walking distance rv laundry firewood camping trail tracy ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2021

Tracy was cold in her responses after our tire was blown out by a previous campers tent stake. Not sympathetic at all, and with a ton of attitude. I'm really disappointed in our entire experience at this campsite.

Other than our damaged car tire, we were placed in a VERY tiny spot. There were several other spots open that would've accommodated our family of 4 much nicer (the space provided was definitely more for a solo camper or a couple)

Room tip: Just go elsewhere, lol.
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 10 July 2021

Our family has never been to Powell River, let alone camped here. We have been camping for over 10 years with our Class C and have been to many campsites; both private and provincial. So we didn’t know what to expect!!!! Well… it is a mini paradise at Willingdon campsite!

The staff is very helpful and kind, the location is perfect!!! The sites are a good size and there is a phenomenal kids park next door. Next to the waterfront sites, there is a flat, well kept, walking trail right adjacent to the campsite. Dogs are welcome at the campsite and trail (on leash of course). When the tide is out, there is so much beach combing to do! The facilities at the campsite are absolutely fine/clean and well kept… these included washrooms ($/4min for showers) and laundry. I loved the huge outdoor hot water washing sink for washing dishes!

There is lots of shopping close by; little boutiques and galleries to larger stores like Walmart and Canadian Tire. If you want to do some sightseeing, there are many other parks and lakes to visit. Honestly, a person/family needs to stay a week to see and do even half of all that is available for tourists!

We will be back year! (Ignore the naysayers and negative comments in the other reviews! I’d give this little slice of Heaven campsite a 5/5!!!)

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2021

To be honest this is an average campsite, but had to mark it down as poor because of the wifi issue.

Sites are small but clean. Washsrooms were clean. We found the hosts were OK, we only dealt with them once but found they did not like to smile or sound pleased to be there.

Location is super and is the only really great feature of this campground, right next to the ocean. We watched a great sunset.

BUT the wifi. $2 per day per device is terrible. I can go into most bars, restaurants and cafes (including tim hortons and starbucks) and get it for free. I would even suggest that you charge me $2 per night more and give me free wifi.

I have stayed in both campgrounds run for charity and municipalities and both have free wifi. I would suggest they have no wifi than charge us.

Personally would not go back or recommend because of the wifi issue.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank HelenP1963
Reviewed 2 April 2021

You forget you are in town in this absolutely beautiful location on the ocean close to amenities and endless walking trails. The size of the campsites are smaller than the norm back home but all the positives of this campsite and staff well balance that out. You may need a power cord extension, so plan ahead.

I came to leave a review as we end our amazing stay and am shocked at some of the posts. That has not been our experience at all. Dustin and Tracy have been gracious hosts. I always thought campers were DIY type people and some of these reviews come off sounding like they expected to be entertained or something. Dustin and Tracy work 7 days a week, everything is always clean and organized and their knowledge and communications is first rate. And all this during the trying times of covid, We kept our communications primarily online, and masked and distanced when it was necessary in person. I hope the warmer weather has people remembering to be understanding, kind and covid safe.

We are sad to leave and definitely happy campers.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2021

This campground has great access to beaches, trails and downtown. It seems to cater to RVs versus tent campers. Facilities were simple but super clean. Don’t expect privacy, warm campground vibes, or good customer service.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple