Our family of four shared a two bedroom suite on the sixth floor overlooking the lake. We had a private balcony accessible through one of the rooms. The large and very clean bathroom was accessed through a hallway within our suite, which gave all of us considerable privacy. We planned our entire itinerary for our week long trip once we secured a room at this property and it worked out beautifully. The price is high, but we felt it was well worth it for this very unique property. We were able enjoy a bottle of wine on our balcony for a very memorable stay. Afternoon tea was being served when we checked in and a harpist performed. There is a very nice gift shop featuring British imports. We had dinner in the main dining room which featured very good Alberta beef. The elevator is operated only by the bellman, so when we checked out before he came on duty, we had to carry our bags down six flights of stairs, which is the only disappointed we had during our all too brief stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta