See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2015

This is very good quality Hotel in Gudalur. On the way to Mysore - Ooty you can't get a better place than this. Very clean and good rooms and side of the Highway. With good parking space.
Good Hotel with average price I feel very good.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Isha7788
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Its ok. Hot water in morning only. Room is medium size. Toilet was clean.

Enjoy free incoming calls with airtel mobile while on national roaming at just Rs5/day. Make outgoing calls at just 1.5paise/second.To activate, SMS ROAM to 121

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank aliceeyem
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I found this hotel by google search when me and my husband planned to visit Gudalur. It is 150 km from where I am staying now and I have no idea about Gudalur. Sometimes finding a hotel phone number in India can be very tough because even what u read online is an agent phone number. I was glad to see this hotel website and managed to call and reserved my room by the manager himself, Mr. Arun.

I should say I am happy to talk to a well spoken english manager like him esoecially in a small town like Gudalur.

The room is ok, clean, not too big but enough for both of us. Bathroom is western toilet, woth good pressure shower. The only minus is there is no hot water shower after 6 pm. And it can be huge problem if u visit Gudalur around end of the year due to the super cold weather.

The staff is very less. I found one man dropped us our towels and one lady who cleans the floor everyday. The reception is run by Mr. Arun himself. Very less but somehow helpful. There is no restaurant but we can go to get food nearby as this hotel is very close to bus station. I always have beef curry there.

This is a hotel on the main road of Gudalur Ooty, so yes, it will be very noisy. They do need to deal with the noise. For me and my husband, as we live in India for more than one year, it will be no problem to sleep, as India is noisy everywhere I think. We stay in GGT for three times I think, and the last one was on March. We always come back here because with the rate which is only 800 rupee for two persons, we found it is a good value for money and I never thought I will get such a clean room with that price, as I paid almost double in Bangalore and get very less service.

This is a small town, which u can not expect much to see. There is a forest nearby, but it us nothing but a bunch of trees. But this place is ideal to rest for one night before proceeding to Ooty where u can expect to see much more.

Mr. Arun is always helpful and I am thanking him with this review.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the right side. Bigger and more clean...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank honeymoon-india-indo
Reviewed 24 January 2012

A fairly basic hotel on a noisy road, just down from the bus garage.

The bedding was clean. The room was OK but nothing great. Needs better sound insulation.
Reservation made on-line without problems.

Definitely a place for earplugs. even then the temple music from adjacent temple, which started at 5am, is unbearably loud, and you won't sleep through it.

The smell from the drains in the bathroom is very strong.

Didn't see anywhere more promising in Gudalur, but as could not recommend GGT grand, would look elsewhere for a more peaceful nights sleep.

Room Tip: use earplugs
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo