“2 days in a row!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Was staying in The camper place near by and thought we would nip across for a drink! Wow, amazing loved it! Alex on the bar was fantastic! Really kind and helpful, friendly and welcoming!!! They were fully booked the sat pm for dinner but managed to get us in the Sunday lunch and THANK YOU!!! Dean the owner stopped and had a chat while sending out what my husband and I are still discussing as the best roast we have both ever had, every item getting 9 or 10 out of 10!!!!!!!! will be back!!!! Would even drive just to have your food again Dean. They even bought out some ‘off cuts’ of beef for the dog, now when I say off cuts..... they were perfect chunks of medium rare tender beef!!!! see you soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We had a family birthday meal for 6 of us on Saturday night. The food was exquisite - all 6 of us had 3 courses and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Despite being short staffed, the service was excellent. The menu changes daily, which is a rarity these days and complements to Dean, who is doing a superb job.
We also like the way the bar area has been opened up and the choice of beers is excellent.
Keep up the good work - we'll be back!!

Reviewed 14 April 2018

We went to the Duck Inn again to celebrate a birthday with my son after an absence of a year or so. The cuisine is still splendid and adventurous and the small restaurant offers a truly personal experience. We were amazed by the splendid sour dough loaf that had been baked that morning and everyone got a slice with butter to start the meal. As a main course I chose pork belly which was outstanding. Others chose guinea fowl which was also excellent.. It was difficult to fault anything. Perhaps the portions could be 25% larger for our younger guests.If you want a truly rural experience also, because the inn is off the beaten track, the Duck Inn is difficult to beat.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I grew up in Pett Bottom and even worked at The Duck around 15 years ago. I’ve seen countless tenants come and go, some making a good effort and others falling short.

Since reopening, I’ve eaten twice with my wife and father and we are astounded at the quality of the entire experience from first stepping into the pub right up to the warm farewell at the end.

Dean cooks faultless food. Today was a Sunday and the beef was simply amazing. My dad and I agreed it was the best Sunday beef we have ever eaten. Ever. And I’ve eaten a lot of Sunday roasts in pubs and restaurants! At the end of our meal we put our heads together to try and think of anything about the 3-course meal we could fault. Nothing. Zip. Dean even hand delivers some of the food himself and spends time to talk with his guests. Such a nice touch and a genuinely kind and considerate host.

It’s worth saying that Curious Brew and Stowford Press on tap as well as an excellent wine selection just tops off an amazing visit.

For us, this is better than The Swan in Tenterden, it’s better than the Fordwich Arms revamp and its better than Kathton House. In fact it’s now our favourite and first choice, and I’m so excited for Dean and his team for the future!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for Sunday lunch on our first visit and we weren’t disappointed.
A warm friendly welcome and the staff were very attentive.
I had the Roast beef which was probably the best bit of beef I’ve ever had. My husband had the belly pork which he also really enjoyed. The food was well presented and good quality.
The menu was reasonably priced and definitely great value for money.
Looking forward to our next visit.