We spent two days recently and the room and general facilities are first class all the way.
The food was good and service in the restaurants excellent. The pool was well heated and clean and the surroundings are truly beautiful.
Our only complaint, and it was shared by everyone with whom we spoke was that they had converted the heat pump from cool to warm and we had a warm spell. The rooms were really warrm at night and you had to ask for a fan to get some cool air blowing into the room from the open window. They should have either switched back to cool or supplied fans without having to ask. It was really uncomfortable the first night before we thought to ask for a fan although we called to see what could be done with the heat - high 20's in our room.
One trip we took was outstanding. We went to a winery called Morning Bay Winery where Keith Watt, the owner, gave us the best wine tasing experience we have ever had. First we tasted four wines from bottles in the traditional way. Then came the barrel tasing where Keith took samples from about 16 barrels - different years, different oaks and different presses. We got to taste the differences between oaks, presses and vintages. I really learned to taste the differences.
After we were able to purchase wines directly from the barrels if we wished if we took a case and the price was reasonable for the quality.
i would recommend it again. You can fly in but check
I would strongly recommend a trip to this winery and call in advance to ensure you can get a barrel tasting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Poets Cove Resort & Spa is the Gulf Islands' premier luxury resort. Tucked away in Bedwell Harbour on Pender Island, there is a luxurious combination of 22 Lodge Rooms, 9 Villas and 15 Cottages. We offer a full-service 110-slip deep-moorage marina and a Canadian point of entry customs office for CanPass users. Our stunning Aurora Restaurant and casual Syrens Lounge serves the best local fresh ingredients and our activities range from exciting kayaking adventures to rejuvenating spa treatments in our award winning 'Susurrus' Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Poets Cove Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poets Cove Resort And Spa
- Poets Cove Hotel Pender Island
- Poets Cove Pender Island