“Fanatastic View Everything Else Okay”
Review of Malahat Mountain Inn - CLOSED

Malahat Mountain Inn
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Went here for lunch on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and found the lunch menu was a buffet. The buffet was okay but not stellar although cost was only $29.95 pp so as the old adage goes "you get what you pay for". The service was much less than stellar. At one point I asked for more coffee please and the response was "yeah". Maybe it was that the restaurant was busy, however, there appeared to be enough staff - just not hugely professional or caring.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

my wife order a gluten free dish however the dish had corn in it which my wife cannot handle and suffered teh consequences - stomach upset, ALso we had no choices for s desert that were gluten & corn free I had the mountain burger which ws more of a hill burger ( 6 ounce pattie ) when compared to Mrs Riches - Nanaimo - Mountain burger - ( 1.5 lb pattie). The service was pretty good- We were given a lunch menu with our 5 pm arrival and later when the ribs had run out they gave us a dinner menu. The patio view was gorgeous for a summer anniversary dinner - overlooking Finlayson Arm at 1000 ft. You must also like hard rock music to beat down the conversation noise - not classical for intimate dinners.

1  Thank rob a
Reviewed 18 June 2016

I felt like I was in heaven being so high at the tops of the trees. Boats looked like specks in the ocean. I said now if an eagle would fly by I would be in heaven. Ten minutes after I said that an eagle soared past us sideways. I had chills. Being an artist this was a beautiful experience.

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

It's been any years since we've eaten here and personally I don't think there has been an improvement with the food.
I had an appetizer, a few yellow grape tomatoes ( supposed to be heirloom) with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes which was tasty enough but I don't think it was worth $11.00. The special I had was slices of lamb roast, potato croquette and vegetables for $24.95. I found the lamb overdone ( medium well) and a little tough to cut and chew. The asparagus was also in my opinion, overdone.
The meal was average with an above average price.
Not a great experience for us, although the view is nice, overlooking the Saanich Inlet.
It will be another few years before we go back.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

We stayed at the lodge for a couple of days so we ate at the restaurant. Breakfast was Eggs Benedict for me and Bacon and Eggs for my wife. The holandaise sauce on the eggs benny was fresh made, I could have asked for a cup full. The manager, John is very personable and it carries on to the staff. They all work like they are a family.
We also had our 38th anniversary dinner at the Inn and that was very special for us. We were seated at the corner table and there were flowers waiting for my wife. We chatted with our server for a bit and she told us she likes working there because the owners treat them like they are part of the family.
The special of the day was lamb chops and that is one of my wifes favorite dinners. (How did they know?)
The bakery has a large selection of deserts and even has some gluten free choices. We happened to meat the chap who supplies the baking and he is from Victoria and he makes all the deserts. Good on him.
The meal size is reasonable for us, not so big you feel over full but for me very satisfying.
For us, the staff went above and beyond and made our anniversary weekend very special.
(Try the meat loaf sandwich for lunch, I really enjoyed it on a previous visit. There are gluten free options too, just ask.)