“Excellent Food, Fantastic Service, Reasonable Prices”
Review of Malahat Mountain Inn - CLOSED

Malahat Mountain Inn
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2016

We stayed at the lodge for a couple of days so we ate at the restaurant. Breakfast was Eggs Benedict for me and Bacon and Eggs for my wife. The holandaise sauce on the eggs benny was fresh made, I could have asked for a cup full. The manager, John is very personable and it carries on to the staff. They all work like they are a family.
We also had our 38th anniversary dinner at the Inn and that was very special for us. We were seated at the corner table and there were flowers waiting for my wife. We chatted with our server for a bit and she told us she likes working there because the owners treat them like they are part of the family.
The special of the day was lamb chops and that is one of my wifes favorite dinners. (How did they know?)
The bakery has a large selection of deserts and even has some gluten free choices. We happened to meat the chap who supplies the baking and he is from Victoria and he makes all the deserts. Good on him.
The meal size is reasonable for us, not so big you feel over full but for me very satisfying.
For us, the staff went above and beyond and made our anniversary weekend very special.
(Try the meat loaf sandwich for lunch, I really enjoyed it on a previous visit. There are gluten free options too, just ask.)

Reviewed 22 February 2016

We had been to this restaurant in the past and based on the recent reviews wanted to try it again. We are very happy that we did.
The view is outstanding, looking down Finlayson Arm towards the Saanich Inlet is nothing short of spectacular. Mother Nature at her best.
Since our last visit they have enclosed the patio area with a solid roof and wall to wall glass; no more cool, windy, or too hot days and no bees to bug you.
It is very nicely finished with some of the most beautiful wood finishing I have seen in a long time. A very pleasant and relaxing atmosphere.
It was Sunday and the special was Prime rib at $27.00 per person..
The meat was perfect, a great cut and a very generous 8 ounce serving. Served over mashed potatoes with gravy with a side of carrots and broccoli cooked tender crisp.The yorkshire pudding was an individual serving and the best I have ever had in a restaurant.
In addition there was a side of ratatouille. We thought it was a little strange but the flavour was very good and a nice complement to the rest of the meal.
Service was very good; friendly tentative staff.
Absolutely no room for dessert. We did have a look at it as we left and it looked equally as delicious.
The restaurant has some original art on display and it just adds to the overall ambience of the restaurant.
We absolutely recommend this restaurant and are looking forward to visiting it again.
As a fyi, the picture on Google maps is of the patio before it was improved and enclosed, the view is as beautiful as ever

Reviewed 15 January 2016

My husband and I enjoyed steak and prawns tonight for $39 for two meals which included vegetables. Wow! That price also included a glass of red or white wine and salad or cup of soup. It was all amazing and at such a great price.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

We had not been there in a few years, and I knew that the restaurant changed hands a few times since then. We were on our way back from a Victoria airport run, and stopped there 10 minutes before it was to open. It was very cold out at -3c. We asked and they said they were going to open in 10 minutes at 8am. After waiting outside shivering until 8:10, watching the people inside running back and forth, there was no sign from them that they were going to let us in from the cold so we had to leave. I wish they had at least acknowledged us or let us know how much longer, or at least let us wait inside the door. We didn't need their attention right away, just some warmth. The view is spectacular- I hope they have great service the rest of the time. All we needed was a nod of the head, or something to let us know they were thinking of us. They knew we were there, and we were ignored. And we were really cold!

1  Thank mesachie
Reviewed 11 December 2015

Stopped on our way back from Victoria, and was pleasantly surprised. Their burger was amazing and the service was great - not to mention the view. We'll be back!!

1  Thank Jan S