“Best Seafood Chowder”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Join us for home-style, in-house made REAL Canadian Food! Fresh baking daily, from sausage rolls, meat pies, fruit pies, flans, cake, sandwiches! We use local, organic, hormone free food wherever possible! Perhaps the best eggs benedict and best fish and chips you've ever had! Seafood, burgers and steak are fast becoming a local favourite. We also proud to serve a fine selection of local beer, wine and ciders. Enjoy a beautiful drive along the scenic Malahat and make a stop at the Chalet for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The views of the inlet are second to none and the food is excellent. Taking a long drive, too tired to cook, stop in and pick up dinner to go. We have a selection of Grab & Go items, including house butter crusted meat pies, soups, sandwiches and sausage rolls. Call ahead and we can have any meal ready to go upon your arrival. Make us your new coffee stop! Our latte`s and espresso drinks are getting top notch reviews! Again, we are proud to use a local supplier and make each drink just the way you like it. Enjoy it here in our pleasant surroundings, or take it to go.
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The view is incredible and the sea food chowder the best we have tasted, full of large chunks of a good variety of seafood in a creamy broth.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We thought we'd try the Sunday Brunch, it was a great disappointment....The hashbrowns were almost empty and cold.....The bacon and sausage were dripping in grease....There were no eggs in the container, so I ordered an omelette that they do up on site and bring to the table...my husband ordered pancakes...No toast available, no croissants, cinnamon buns or buns of any type.....no juice......no french toast... or waffles...No yogurt that I saw. When we left I noticed some fruit had been put out.....There was a plate with some cake like muffins and COOKIES! The coffee was good...
BUT, my husband never did receive the pancakes he ordered....the waitress said they would be out shortly....but never did. and he didn't feel he wanted to sit and eat when I already had my meal...such as it was. The omelette was very nice...Credit given where credit is due.

This experience has left us with the feeling we will never return for any meal.

We have been at a few Sunday Buffet Breakfasts, and many of these items I mention are easy to have out....no cooking on the spot....

2  Thank cherrysandcastle
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Don’t let appearances have you drive by this great dining chalet.
The views are spectacular. The food is good and the service is exceptional. The are attentive, warm and professional. Prices are reasonable. They have a small store area and an opportunity to buy baked goods.
We came for brunch and are leaving content and full.
Enjoy the views!!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Many of my clients and industry partners mentioned the Malahat Chalet so I thought that it would be the perfect location to celebrate my husband's birthday with the family over a Sunday brunch. The view was UNBELIEVABLE, the food was delicious and so fresh, but... sadly-so, the poor, careless and rushed service put a bit of a damper on our experience. Our server seemed to care more about flipping her tables as fast as she could to maximize her revenu, than to offer a genuine experience to her clients.

1  Thank TheLittleGreenBug
Reviewed 24 January 2018

My family and I were on the way back from Nanaimo to Victoria and stopped here for dinner. It was dark so we missed the view. The bakery and small gift shop when you walk in is cute. The decor is rustic and understated. The food was ok. The presentation was nice and the portions small. The service was very good. Not a good place for children.