“Cozy spot, good spot for apps and a drink ”

Inn-Lake on the Mountain Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 76 Restaurants in Picton
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We tried the Inn on our first night in the county. This spot was recommended to us for dinner. We started with the cheese plate which was great and my wife had the sweet potato soup which she did NOT enjoy. I tried it as well, way too strong in taste with the Ale that's mixed in.

We had the beef short ribs for dinner which we split. The ribs were bland in taste. The sauce they used on the ribs didn't have much kick to it. The mashed potatoes were very dull in taste as well. It came with a side of corn and peas. We both were not very impressed.

The view of the lake is beautiful. If you're just stopping by for a glass of wine and a appetizer then I would recommend it.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch here last week. Food was very good. Fabulous place to have and outdoor lunch. Be aware even on a Wednesday for lunch you should call and make reservations. We had to wait until 1:30 for six of us. Worth the wait.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had one of the best meals I've had in ages. Beautiful salmon with mushroom risotto. Excellent. The desserts looked intriguing but I was too full to try although three other members of our group of eight enjoyed the crème brûlée and carrot cake.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A group of 8 women throughly enjoyed dinner here recently. The building is very interesting and there was a lovely wood fire which added to the ambience. Several of us had the special- salmon- delicious. I had the Pork cheeks which were very tender and tasty. A nice menu with great wine options and dessert choices as well. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I had called ahead and made reservations as it was a special celebration. We started with a cheese plate and a salad and shared both. The bacon and dressing on the salad was delicious. I was hoping the cheese plate was local; however they were not, but were nice. I had the tourtier and my friend had the braised pork cheeks. Both were delicious.They had the local beers on tap which were very good. They served a complimentary ice cream at it was a birthday celebration. Service was attentive.