All reviewswhale watchingwalk into townspent two nightslarge roomother guestspacific rimwonderful staytop floordenjennifercanadaoceandeckdoeeagleswildlife
Reviewed 13 November 2015

My husband, Rocco and I, spent a week at Horizons West Bed & Breakfast to celebrate our 35th Anniversary. The hospitality we received from Jennifer and Rich was outstanding. The views from our room, the decks, living room and property were beautiful, and contributed to the rustic charm of the Bed & Breakfast. Breakfast was scrumptious, and we enjoyed many lunches and dinners in Ucluelet and Tofino. The beaches provided countless hours of wandering and exploring that not only provided entertainment, but also allowed for relaxation.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

Amazing sea views, arrived late so dark and that made the sea view from our bed the next morning even more spectacular. Very large, luxurious log cabin type bedroom and living room. We were out of season so not able to give feedback on the breakfast. Friendly/helpful host that gave us loads of great things to do/see whilst we were there for 4 days. 10 min walk into town with some great places to eat. Thoroughly recommend.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2015

I think we were a little shocked when we arrived here as we had come from several modern B&Bs. This is a traditional quaint rustic property. The shared lounge is bright & relaxing with beautiful views onto the ocean. We tried to climb down to their private beach but had to give up as it was so overgrown. Our room was 'the den' which is off the lounge. Our bed was large and very comfortable but due to insuffient curtains behind our bed the security light shone in so we had to hang a blanket there in order to sleep. The bathroom was adequate but dark so towels never dried on the very small towel rail. We didn't have good weather (it's in a rainforest) whilst there but I'm sure sitting on the balcony in the sunshine would be wonderful. The breakfast was the best and beautifully presented. Jennifer was very helpful when we arrived showing us on a map the various walks locally. She was kind enough to let us use her home phone to sort out a minor problem with our car rental. There is wifi here, hairdryer, bath products and a kitchen in the lounge where you can make tea/coffee and help yourself to cookies. There is parking outside for several cars.

Room Tip: Upstairs rather than the ground floor room
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank magsHertfordshire
Reviewed 24 September 2015

I just finished reading a review from some people who clearly don't get what the West Coast of BC is all about.

I have stayed at this B&B many times, and it is my favorite place to stay on Vancouver Island. I stayed in the downstairs room and found it cozy, comfortable and spotless, not to mention the bed is better than my own at homes. Everything you want for to experience the true rugged west coast experience.

Jen and Rich took great care of me while there and provided a great breakfast and hospitality. They booked dinner reservations, whale watching tours and set me up with the best salmon fishing guide I have ever met!

Yes it did rain "light rain" as they call it, but it is the West Coast of BC. I had no complaints sitting in the living staring at the ocean, watching the weather roll in and chatting with the hosts .They told me about life on the west coast and sent me to a couple "locals" hiking spots. It was great a experience and I now consider Jen and Rich my friends.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2015

The lounge area was lovely to chill in along with the balcony. The views were lovely although the whole coastline here is beautiful and the views are not unique to this b & b. The breakfast were nicely presented and very tasty. We were a group of 4 and my husband and I had the downstairs room. On first looking it looked lovely, but staying in it is a different matter. It is dark and difficult seeing things in your suitcase. There are several lamps which all need turning on and even then it could be better. I appreciate they don't want to alter the character of the property but higher wattage bulbs might help The curtains look lovely when pulled back and dressed but are a long way from covering the window. I wasn't quite sure if we were supposed to unknot the net type curtains at the side or if they were just for decoration So when changing in the room you need to make sure there is no one outside in the garden and at nightime there will always be part of the window uncovered.The bathroom is acceptable and clean but basic. It was difficult to dry the towels.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends