All reviews whale watching walk into town spent two nights large room other guests pacific rim wonderful stay top floor den jennifer canada ocean deck doe eagles wildlife
Reviewed 24 September 2015

I just finished reading a review from some people who clearly don't get what the West Coast of BC is all about.

I have stayed at this B&B many times, and it is my favorite place to stay on Vancouver Island. I stayed in the downstairs room and found it cozy, comfortable and spotless, not to mention the bed is better than my own at homes. Everything you want for to experience the true rugged west coast experience.

Jen and Rich took great care of me while there and provided a great breakfast and hospitality. They booked dinner reservations, whale watching tours and set me up with the best salmon fishing guide I have ever met!

Yes it did rain "light rain" as they call it, but it is the West Coast of BC. I had no complaints sitting in the living staring at the ocean, watching the weather roll in and chatting with the hosts .They told me about life on the west coast and sent me to a couple "locals" hiking spots. It was great a experience and I now consider Jen and Rich my friends.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2015

The lounge area was lovely to chill in along with the balcony. The views were lovely although the whole coastline here is beautiful and the views are not unique to this b & b. The breakfast were nicely presented and very tasty. We were a group of 4 and my husband and I had the downstairs room. On first looking it looked lovely, but staying in it is a different matter. It is dark and difficult seeing things in your suitcase. There are several lamps which all need turning on and even then it could be better. I appreciate they don't want to alter the character of the property but higher wattage bulbs might help The curtains look lovely when pulled back and dressed but are a long way from covering the window. I wasn't quite sure if we were supposed to unknot the net type curtains at the side or if they were just for decoration So when changing in the room you need to make sure there is no one outside in the garden and at nightime there will always be part of the window uncovered.The bathroom is acceptable and clean but basic. It was difficult to dry the towels.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diamondcase
Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

I have given a rating of four as an average of Jennifer who would definitely be a five and the room which is only a three. Jennifer and her brother could not have been better hosts. They were friendly, welcoming and very helpful. Jennifer provided maps, directions, advice, help with bookings, made phone calls to help us and took messages. All of this was outstanding. The breakfasts were also excellent although on our final morning we had to leave early and although Jennifer provided a packed breakfast for us, it was a poor alternative to the wonderful in-house breakfasts we had enjoyed.
The upstairs areas are absolutely lovely but our room was a rather different story. We drew the short straw and had the downstairs room. This was gloomily dark all the time. This was not helped by the fact that we had poor weather throughout our stay with a lot of rain but other reviews make it clear that the room is always dark. It was cold enough in the damp environment for us to need the supplied heater even in August. The room is a good size and was clean. The bed was comfortable with plenty of warm bedding, and the fridge, kettle and microwave were all useful.
The bathroom was average at best. It was compact and adequate but certainly not luxurious. It was hard to dry towels after showering and it was a room that was functional and not one to enjoy. The shower, though, was good.
Access to this downstairs room is poor. There are a set of uneven steps in the garden, then a further set of wooden steps followed by a narrow path, very steep at one point, along the back of the house. I have some mild mobility issues and I found this very tedious as it did not feel very safe in the wet and slippery conditions. I have not seen anything in the property description to warn of this issue which I think could be a real issue for some and a concern for many.
In balance, I would not stay here again in the downstairs room although I'm sure the upstairs rooms are a very much better option. Jennifer was so lovely and helpful that I would love to give a better review but I've tried to be balanced and honest.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2015

We've just spent three nights here, - great location with ocean views, spacious and well equipped room...and Jennifer and Richard were welcoming and helpful hosts. The breakfasts were amazing. We ate well nearby using Jennifer's recommendations. Our only negative....and it does seem like carping in what was an enjoyable stay...was that we were in the lower of the three suites, which felt a bit gloomier and appeared not to be as well furnished as the two rooms which led on to the main lounge. That said, we'd warmly recommend this place as a base in Ucluelet, not least for the warmth of our hosts!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the two rooms on the main deck.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2015

my wife and i stayed here on our tour of canada. we had a pleasant stay. the breakfast was fantastic. what a fanastic host you made us feel very welcome in your home. we would recommed this b&b thanks again jennifer

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple