All reviews the pub market square toilet roll holder sunday lunch hot night cod spur of the moment comfortable bed chain hotel evening meal function room lovely meal full english early hours well worth a visit feel so welcome nice room
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I have been to many pubs,restaurants and clubs in my years and to say this is in a little sleepy village was amazing. We struck gold here. We were meeting some friends that live in a nearby village and they asked us to meet them at this pub in wainfleet,I liked the name as it’s from one of my favourite soaps. Hehe. We sat down for food at 7:30,our orders were taken by 7:45 and our food was out just after 8pm... perfect times in my eyes to say it was a busy Friday night. We were extremely happy with our service and the food itself that we stayed afterwards for one more drink,by this time it had gone 9pm and the karaoke had started in the main bar. Now I’m not a fan of karaoke or loud banging music....buts that’s where my opinion stopped and changed. I can’t recall his name but what a lovely,if not a little cheeky chap The DJ was in the pub. In all my years I must say the music he played was fantastic and he clearly plays to the audience,not only that,what a singing voice he had aswel. He even convinced me to sing,him and his little silver tongue! No disrespect to the pub,as I think it’s an incredible accomplishment to have someone like him,but he should be in much bigger venues doing what he does.
We ended up leaving just before midnight,time flew at how enjoyable the night was. What a fantastic evening. We will all be back. Your staff,food and entertainment are a credit to you. Thank you

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Cazzadeeks1969
Woolpack K, General Manager at The Woolpack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thankyou very much for taking the time to write us a review.
We are glad you enjoyed your evening and Taz our resident karaoke guy will be over the moon with your comments. I will make sure i pass this on to both him and the rest of the staff.

Thankyou
Ann

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We have eaten in the Woolpack before and the food was fine. This time the food was over cooked and dry.

The chips were almost raw. We won't be eating there again.

It is a shame as we have always like this lovely inn.

Tony and Sally Gale.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2018

The sign outside said " NEW MENU " With a change of management we tried again for a meal that would raise our opinion, sadly we were left high and dry.
My wife chose two starters only to have the very nice waiter return with an apology that they had neither, we both ended up with the good old prawn cocktail.
The lettuce they used was the curly type, it was okay but it was one huge lump.
My wife went for the fish pie and said it was tasteless and devoid of mashed potato with very little fish content.
I ordered the Belly of Pork with mustard mash, the pork when it arrived wasn't very hot and the mash was extremely lumpy with mustard only in places and was very dry.
We didn't finish our meals and I took the pork home in a napkin to give to the dog.
I should have realised that the so called "NEW MENU " would not be good as the dinning area was completely empty.
We will not be returning in the near future, if ever at all.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Woolpack K, General Manager at The Woolpack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for your feed back the day you dined with us was New Years day and we obviously are limited with space for stock over the festive period I have spoken to the departments involved and can assure you the things that you ave noted have been addressed. I have also contacted our supplier of the fish pie as this is made by a company for us and we have had no other complaints.
On speaking to the waiter he tells me he did a table check back and was told all was ok.
If you would like please give me a call on the Woolpack number and I can talk through this with you. and resolve the issue as we were on our day off and this is not our usual standards.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

On our arrival the Manager immediate hiked the price up by £40 saying the prices in ‘bookings.com’ were wrong. Another couple staying in our party had the same. An internet search showed this made this pub one of the most expensive in the area. Charging more than really nice hotels. Go to one of them!! They asked for payment immediately we checked in. Luckily for them as we’d have left when we saw the tiny room. Decided we’d have to stay as we’d had a 5 hour drive to get there and it was getting late. Rooms very noisy small and sparsely furnished with tiny tv too high to view. Breakfast was nice as were the staff. But this is a pub b&b nothing more. It should charge accordingly. It’s also right on the road so noisy and rooms are above the bar which partied till late and served deep fried food which we could smell in our rooms.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Woolpack K, General Manager at The Woolpack Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Many thanks for your review and opinion. The problem that arose with the price difference was to do with booking.com displaying the wrong price and we do sincerely apologize for this. Our pricing is very fair and we feel very value for money we do have two superior rooms that are large in comparison to the others but these were already taken at the time of booking. It is our policy to take payment at the time of arrival as we do not take pre authorization off the card and all the rooms have secondary glazing.
I believe that you were advised that there was a New Years Eve party going to be on that evening by the manageress in the morning at breakfast and you were also all given a later check out at 12 noon to compensate for this along with the complimentary bucks fizz and smoked salmon with scrambled egg. We value your custom and please do not hesitate to contact me on the pub number if you would like to discuss anything.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

On our way to Skeggy we stopped off for coffee. The staff were lovely, and the coffee was good. Service was efficient. Although only a few people in the bar it was very noisy. In need of redecorating.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple