“Lovely village pub, excellent beer and food”
Review of The Castle Inn

The Castle Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Hurst
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: I believe the Castle Inn has been under new management for about the last six months and is gaining a strong local reputation for its restaurant.
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Took my mother here for lunch on a lovely sunny Saturday. A lovely pub in a charming location. Excellent quality beer (I had a Windsor & Eton Brewery Guardsman. Would have enjoyed a session on this, but was greatly restricted as I was driving). The roast beef baguettes were delicious, really tasty and tender beef, very nicely presented. Very friendly staff at this pub, was made to feel welcome and it is very highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

A great cosy place for a drizzly Sunday afternoon. Fantastic welcome, wonderful food. We chose pil pil prawns followed by Roast Beef which came with the full compliment of sides. Too full up to try the deserts. Car Park is a bit snug so better to get there early.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

If your looking for a friendly charming pub with great food and very helpful staff with a very warm welcome then the Castle is the right pub to visit ! The food is always lovely and the Ribs are the best ribs I have ever had they really are superb !! I run my own business and I always recommended my customers to go there when they asked where a good place to stop of for food on there way home and I always hear great feed back from them too !! Not only is the staff and food great the pub has so much history and the setting is lovely you can sit out the front and watch the world go by or if you would rather you can sit in the garden and let the kids run about free and safe.
Jason
Berkshire Jeeps

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

After a trip to the cinema, myself and two friends had reserved at table at the Castle Inn for Sunday lunch. I ordered beef and pork, and so did my friend but her husband ordered the pork roast.
It was good tasting meat, nice crackling, although the pork roast had no Yorkshire pudding which appeared to be homemade. The gravy had a good taste, but I didn't think the roast potatoes were the best. They were a little hard and seemed that had been kept warm for quite sometime.
Overall, it was good, but it needs to be excellent as the mixed roast was £16.95. So I would expect good quality ingredients and taste.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I cannot speak highly enough of this pub. It is in a beautiful village setting and serves excellent food. Very friendly waiters to whom nothing is too much trouble.