See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 November 2015

We loved this place, it exceeded expectations and we will definitely be returning.

We stayed in the "Classic Cottage" and were more than impressed. It was cozy, quiet, comfortable and added so much to our trip to Bowen Island. The steam room in the shower, and heated floor when you step out was so relaxing. The fireplace in front of the bed added an extra touch of romance to our stay.
A wall mounted TV and a dvd collection was nice to have to watch movies in bed before turning in for the night. The bed was so comfortable, very restful sleep.
The breakfast and cappuccinos we had brought to us every morning were delicious, and the owner was very respectful of our privacy when she tapped on the door to bring them to us.
Before we checked in D'Anne even recommended a great place for us to have dinner at. Which was only about a 10 minute drive away.
Beautiful property, beautiful cottage, fantastic service, nothing negative to say about this tiny piece of paradise.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmandaLarsen
Reviewed 29 September 2015

I was getting married in Cowan's point, so I booked Ardtara Cottages for two nights - the night before my wedding and the night of. I booked well in advance but received little correspondence from the proprietors, even after I had paid in full! Evenso, a week or so before my wedding I sent a quick email to check that we did still had our booking secured. I was assured everything would be fine.. and so it was.
On the day of check-in, we had our rehearsal dinner and a lot of family over. Things went on a little longer than anticipated and we didn't end up arriving at the cottages until quite late in the evening. We didn't meet the owner and it was quite hard to find our way in the dark because the cottages are set quite far back, but we couldn't have been happier once we got inside. I booked the 'cozy' cottage for my two bridesmaids and the 'modern' one for myself and the fit was perfect. Not that any of us slept very well that night, but the beds were very comfortable and the quiet that surrounds the cottages is just lovely.
In the morning, we were greeted by two lovely young ladies (The proprietor's daughters I believe) who delivered us fresh, hot coffee and an amazing cooked breakfast - just what we needed to begin our very long, busy days!
We used the cottages to get ready in, which was the best decision I think I ever made, because the space was perfect, the pictures look amazing, and the privacy was exactly what we needed.. we completely took over the place!
The morning after our wedding, my husband and I woke up rather hungry and so enquired what time breakfast might be. We were kindly told they thought we might like a lie-in, but they would send breakfast momentarily, and would we like a glass of champagne served with it! The food was TO DIE FOR and so we sat out on the little veranda with our champagne breakfast, listening to the birds and congratulated ourselves on an awesome decision to stay at Ardtara (and to not let anyone else stay there with us that night lol!)
Thank you so much for a wonderfully memorable stay - we definitely recommend this place and will no doubt stay again one day in the future :) Amazing!

Room Tip: The cottages are equally awesome, but the less modern one is definitely brighter inside
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've stayed at a few B&Bs on Bowen over the years and this is one of the best.

The cottage accomodation is beautifully finished, quiet and private. This is a great place for either a romantic getaway, or to do and do some writing, thinking or research. You can enjoy the secluded back part of the property, or you can enjoy sunrises and views over Howe Sound from their front deck.

The owners are gracious people and superb chefs. D'Anne will do vegetarian, gluten-free, etc breakfast on demand, and they serve GREAT coffee, the sine qua non of a decent B&B. They are also organic gardeners, and every year I visit, more and more from their garden is on the menu (from what they grow, and organic eggs etc from Bowen).

The place is very close to golf, about 10 min by car from Snug Cove (a few really good dining options, hiking, walking), and close to various beaches. All in all, an excellent deal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I booked a two night stay in the classic cottage for an Easter weekend getaway. Needless to say, we were very impressed with the food, the hospitality D'Anne provided, and the luxury of the cottage itself. The room was very clean and included everything we needed - a mini fridge, wine glasses, electric kettle, tea...there was even a selection of DVD's in case we felt in the mood to watch a movie. The bed was wonderful, and the fireplace and heated floors in the bathroom added even more comfort. We slept well each night, and awoke to an amazing breakfast both mornings we were there. D'Anne made sure to inquire about food sensitivities, allergies, and preferences, and we found the food to be top-notch. We felt very welcomed; D'Anne was a wonderful and generous hostess. We left Ardtera refreshed, relaxed, and definitely excited to recommend this place for anyone who wants a true West-Coast island getaway. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My fiancee and I have stayed at Ardtara twice and will definitely be back. The breakfast and coffee are fantastic, the bed is comfortable, and the steam room/shower is unbelievable. Only comment would be that (for us at least) the wifi signal is very weak, but that may be a non-issue for other guests.

In any event, we're adding Ardtara to our list of getaway spots!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
bowendee, Owner at Ardtara Luxury Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your second stay with us and hope to see you again!
Our wifi is supplied by Shaw and we are beholden to their technology and the weather at times plays a role- hopefully you rested more than worked :)