“Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is a nice hotel well above the normal Holiday Inn Express decor. They have an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, and fitness center.

It has excellent accommodations and decor but it is located on a very busy highway and there is construction happening in a new housing complex behind.

If you value your sleep try to get a room facing the back but remember they start construction early on the housing project.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get one at the backside facing the construction for a quiet evening
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for posting your review!
We will be very thankful when the road construction is complete and the neighboring townhouse complex has been finished. The complex is Mon-Fri so it is great to get a break on the weekends from any disturbance. Fortunately, we have had very few complaints since it began in Sept last year, I could count them on one hand in fact. We are very lucky to have the green space along the backside of us to help us shelter our guests from any noise that may occur and we pre-block people on the back side whenever possible.
I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and hope we can exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Cheryl Neathway

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Both visits were short stays for family emergencies. The staff were helpful even when we extended one stay. The breakfast buffet food is average reheated fair but very convenient . Great value and location. Rooms comfortable, and if you've stayed at any hiexpress you know what to expect. Lots of parking and free wifi.

• Stayed: February 2012
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

I'm sorry to hear you had to deal with repeated family emergencies. Thank you for your positive review of our hotel despite the less than ideal circumstances that brought you to our door. It is great to hear that your stay was comfortable and that the staff accommodated your needs, I can assure you it was their pleasure to do so. Perhaps a brighter event will bring you back our way. Your "thumbs up" means a great deal to me, thank you again for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed here for one night it was just a quick get in and get out so I couldnot expeirence everything the hotel had to offer like the pool which was very inviting but I had a long day and needed my 40 winks before moving on early next morning.
First time I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and I was really impressed by the quality of breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kimberly C
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

We feel privileged to be your introduction to what the Holiday Inn Express brand has to offer guests, including the breakfast, and are thrilled you were happy with your stay with us.
Hopefully we will see you again and you will have more time to enjoy the hottub and pool.
Your comments are sincerely appreciated and I thank you very much for posting them.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel is two minutes off the Trans Canada Hwy and is about 30+ minutes away from downtown Vancouver. It is also approximately 10 minutes away from the Skytrain station. The front desk staff were very friendly and we found our room to be very nice, clean, quiet and comfortable. They provided breakfast each morning which was simple and adequate. Parking is also free. The hotel is close to The Keg, Earls and Boston Pizza. If you have any things to do in the Surrey area, check out this hotel. Our next trip to Vancouver we'll consider staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

I attended a seminar on Tripadvisor and social media recently and the new consensus is that we, as managers, need not respond to every review. We are also advised to keep it professional and short.
Well, I tried, it just goes against my nature. After reading such great comments, advice, and detailed tips about our property such as you have written I have a really hard time not replying with a hearfelt "Thank You!". I "get" that we all have busy lives and when guests takes the time to share their honest thoughts, good or bad, it is invaluable and sincerely appreciated.
Your kind words are a pleasure to read, it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to host your next visit to the Lower Mainland.
Thank you.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I've stayed here twice now. The staff was very friendly (maybe all Canadians are). It is an easy drive to the city center. I got upgraded both times I've stayed here which made it a very good value. I will definitely come back next time I'm working in the area.

Room Tip: If you have priority club use it and you may get upgraded.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

I'd love to believe that all Canadians are friendly! Regardless, I am truly pleased to read that you enjoyed our staff. They are very dilligent in honoring the Priority Club Platinum upgrades whenever it is possible and it is great to hear that it is appreciated when they are able to make that happen.
Thank you so much for spending some of your valuable time on sharing your great comments about our hotel. We hope to welcome you back again soon.