“We loved it and will surely be back.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laphroaig
The Old Excise House
Ranked #1 of 1 Laphroaig B&B and Inns
Halle, Germany
“We loved it and will surely be back.”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the Old Excise house. The rooms were great and I especially liked the bath tube with a wonderful view towards Laphroaig. Ron and Emma were such friendly and helpful hosts. they helped us with making reservation in restaurants and in arranging tours at the destilleries and I'm still dreaming of their kippers for breakfast and the delicious muffins. Thank's again for making our vacation a special one.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kikih76
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I stayed at the Old Excise House in September 2010 and had a wonderful time. Ron & Emma are very helpful and provided wonderful service. The views from the room and across the street are breathtaking. I had been touring UK and Europe for the previous 2 weeks and this was a great rest. Breakfast was wonderful and I really enjoyed the black pudding. The purpose of my visit was to see some of the local Scotch Distilleries. Lagavulin, Laphroaig and Ardberg are all convenient (the others require transport to the other side of the island). I recommend a trip up the road to see the Kildalton High Cross as well. Should I be fortunate enough to return to Islay I will be sure to plan a stay at the Old Excise house.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank JaySunFL
evergreen colorado
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This B&B is among the best we have experienced. Pristine and lovely decor, quiet, private, beautiful location and views, gourmet breakfast and homemade baked goods The Hosts, Emma and Ron Gaudie are very sophisticated, yet warm and friendly. We immediately felt at home. The guest rooms and breakfast/library room are privately located on the second floor and have wonderful space with newly remodeled bathrooms - perfect.
Walking distance to Lagavullin, Ardbeg and Laphroig distilleries makes it an ideal place for Scotch lovers, but Port Ellen itself is a nice harbor town.

An extra plus is that Ron is a golf Pro and is for hire to play a teaching round at the nearby Machrie Golf Club (Rated in the top 100). This property offers something for everyone! I hope we are able to return to the Isle of Islay. Be sure to book early, since accomodations on Islay are not that plentiful and this property is becoming known.)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank informant03
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Me and my friend had 7-day Scotland trip in early June, and this was our first stop away from city. We were blown away by Emma and Ron's hospitality: cosy and spacious room, sumptuous breakfast, free wireless internet (we never had free WiFi later in our trip!), valuable advices about good restaurant, local whisky tour, etc., and most of all, our two days stay felt more like visiting a friend - always casual, relax, helpful yet with spotless services. I can see why they are always booked well in advance. I think I will visit beautiful Islay again sooner than I thought would be, and it's no brainer I will stay in their house again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Webbyu
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This is a beautiful, newly and tastefully refurbished home. Stunning views from the rooms. Excellent location near three favorite distilleries. It is necessary to have a car to take full advantage of whisky, golf, walks and sites. Ron and Emma are lovely hosts; very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laphroaig
18.0 km away
30.9 km away
Argyll Hotel
Argyll Hotel
#2 of 19 in Campbeltown

Been to The Old Excise House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK